Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

COMPETITION 2016-17 - NEW OWNERS -Week 1...

October 1 2016 at 11:39 AM
Paul Giles  (Login Spacewolfdad)
MODERATORS ONLY - Braille
from IP address 94.13.101.21

The Competition is open to all, here are the parameters...

1) There is no time scale or armament type, it can be any sort of armament, tank, artillery, self propelled guns, troop transports, lorries etc., from any era starting from 1900 to present day. So a wide variety of types to choose from.

2) Those using the armament must be different from the intended end users. This can be because the armament is captured, purchased by another end user, scrounged, lent or 'aquired'. For example a PzKpfw IV was designed and intended for the German Army, however it was sold to Spain and Syria, supplied to Bulgaria and Croatia, captured by the Allies, so these latter named countries were 'New Owners', I hope this illustrates the scope of the competition.

3) The time scale is from now to the beginning of April next year, the competition is intended to be a bit of fun and done at a more leisurely pace. There is no starting criteria, just join in as and when you like, show some progress shots and keep us up to date with your build at intervals - no need for weekly updates. The feature will appear each Friday, as did the Shelf Queen Challenge, and will just be a general invitation to show any progress you may have made.

4) There will be a prize for the best model, as voted for by the members. Also a lottery prize to be drawn for (by my good wife) out of the remaining entrants in the final Gallery. The prize for the best model will be the Dragon Tiger I with Panzer Aces, the lottery prize will be a choice of OKB items from a list I will provide.

Post any updates here...

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Graham Mansell
(Login GMansell)
Missing-Lynx members

Planning to build a M113 TUA & M113 ambulance...

October 2 2016, 8:00 AM 

...since these were American designed and bought by Canada the 'new owner'. In fact I think the TUA was a Norwegian idea that Canada picked up!? Not much pic worthy so far, rather than cut off the tools & other bits on the roof I made a new one from plasticard, this kit is the Trumpeter A2. The ambulance will be made from the S-Model kit.

I have a question for the group; can anyone tell me where exactly the TUA turret was located on the roof? I don't have any plans and cannot find anything on the net that gives me a top view!!
Thanks

Respond to this message   
Billy Roe
(Login mrroe)
Missing-Lynx members

Henk has the instructions for the esci TUA on his site...

October 2 2016, 10:10 AM 

which might shed some light:
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Graham Mansell
(Login GMansell)
Missing-Lynx members

While this is 'a' TOW Under Armour it is not the one....

October 2 2016, 11:23 AM 

I am looking for, but thanks for the effort! The Canadian & Norwegian version had a turret with a launcher arm on each side and a lot of weird shaped boxes because of the reinforcing bars welded to the roof!?

Respond to this message   
Billy Roe
(Login mrroe)
Missing-Lynx members

This it?

October 2 2016, 12:37 PM 

As photos of the real thing seem rarer than rocking horse droppings, Try an Image search for
Legend Productions TUA conversion set in 35th.
http://www-legend.co.kr/portfolio/lf1281-m113-tua-conversion-set/?ckattempt=1
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Graham Mansell
(Login GMansell)
Missing-Lynx members

That's the beast and I have seen all these pics...

October 2 2016, 12:50 PM 

...what I am trying to find is a top shot preferably without the turret so I can locate it's position. As I mentioned I have made a new roof out of plasticard and now need to cut the hole for the turret. I have made some guesses but would prefer to be a bit closer to correct. I may have a solution in that I know a chap who is big into 35th conversions and he could have a plan so I will e-mail him and ask.
Thanks

Respond to this message   
Graham Mansell
(Login GMansell)
Missing-Lynx members

My friend came thru with a top view...

October 3 2016, 9:55 AM 

..so now I am off to the races! Also get plan view of the boxes on the roof!!

Respond to this message   
Billy Roe
(Login mrroe)
Missing-Lynx members

on the off chance you haven't found them already...

October 3 2016, 11:50 AM 

...these might help:http://s661.photobucket.com/user/8Hussar/library/NATO%20Lt%20Armd-Tracks/M113A2%20TOW-Canada?sort=3&page=7
But i suspect your search was far more comprehensive than mine.

Respond to this message   
Graham Mansell
(Login GMansell)
Missing-Lynx members

Very handy thanks. n/t

October 3 2016, 3:12 PM 

Respond to this message   
Dimitrios Moschidis
(Login DimitriosMoschidis)
Missing-Lynx members

M48A5 Molf Hellenic Army

October 2 2016, 10:26 AM 

Hello all, I am planning to build the M48A5 Molf as it serve in the Hellenic Army or in the national guard in Cyprus, at least that is my plan! I am going to use the kit from revell and it need some more work to return as A5 Molf, I will use wheels and tracks from OKB Grigorov, and decals from LM Decals. It looks like that it will be a challenge to have a good result as I want. There is no serious work yet, except i start cleaning some parts and try to see how to add the new wheels on the kit, it is first time that I try something like that, so if there is any advice please share it.'
The kit and the wheels....
[linked image]
[linked image]
Have fun,
Dimitrios

This message has been edited by DimitriosMoschidis from IP address 193.71.166.29 on Oct 2, 2016 12:49 PM

Respond to this message   
Robert Kru
(Login RobertKru)
Missing-Lynx members

be careful with parts for suspension

October 2 2016, 2:13 PM 

I read in a German buildblog that there are some issues with parts. Suspension arms to far away from hull and some wheels have pins instead of holes. tracks are wider then the Italeri ones. Dryfit the parts carefully before you glue something.
Regards from Vienna
Robert
Visit our modelling show "Go Modelling" in Military Museum in Vienna at 10/11th march 2018
www.ipms.at

Respond to this message   
Dimitrios Moschidis
(Login DimitriosMoschidis)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: be careful with parts for suspension

October 2 2016, 2:25 PM 

Thank you Robert for the reply, i saw that i have to cut and remove some pins and i think i will need to build also something to put it straight!! It looks like it is not so easy after all!!! I hope the result to be good in the end!!

Respond to this message   
Arie Vos
(Login Arie-Vos)
Missing-Lynx members

Captured Airborne Jeep

October 2 2016, 1:23 PM 

During Market Garden in September 1944 quite a lot of Jeeps and some Universal Carriers switched ownership. As a start for this competition I'll be starting with a Jeep captured by German forces. When time permits I'll add and Universal Carrier.
As a basis the Airfix Airborne Jeep will be used. For the Universal Carrier the IBG kit will do the trick.

Respond to this message   
Paul Giles
(Login Spacewolfdad)
MODERATORS ONLY - Braille

My intention...

October 2 2016, 5:18 PM 

Is to scratch build a Morris CS8 in 1/72 and have it as this one used by the German paratroopers on Crete...

[linked image]

Hopefully I can get the information I need and have a crack at this, should be interesting.

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
Stefan Zadziuk
(Login stefzadziuk)
Missing-Lynx members

Good choice

October 2 2016, 7:11 PM 

Hi Paul,

I sense that Dave Rhodes would also be interested!

Cheers
Stefan

Respond to this message   
Dan Taylor
(Login Dan-Taylor)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: My intention...

October 3 2016, 3:58 AM 

Hi Paul
Good looking choice. It appears it may have had a caunter scheme although I assume the image is colourised. At a guess, it may be in the stone/purple-brown scheme originally adopted for the Abyssinian campaign from which many vehicles ended up in Greece and Crete. If you need any info, clearly Mike Starmer is the ideal source. I have his book which gives details of the colours and suggested colour mixes.

My brain was not engaged when you asked about plans and I have sent through the plans for the C8 based on those in my BEF softskins set. Hope they are useful and apologies for my senior moment.

All the best

Dan

Respond to this message   
Elliott Winthrop
(Login elliott.winthrop)
Missing-Lynx members

Good Choice Paul

October 4 2016, 5:48 PM 

What kit you plan to start with can't think of any plastic Morris kits in 1/72
the PSC Morris quad is coming but don't know the quality yet.
the ACE Humber super snipe wireless & a Matchbox Morris C8 nose?
Ilian Filipov, would be the man for the build details
I think you could get it out of the box with Milicast in 1/76?

I'm still working on what I could use ... sad.gif

Cheers Elliott

Respond to this message   
Joseph Rocamora
(Login sabresquadron)
Missing-Lynx members

PLO BTR-152 with ZU-23-2 to Israelis

October 5 2016, 7:14 PM 

Hello,

I am planning to build a BTR-152 modified by PLO with a ZU-23-2 and then subsequently captured by Israelis.

Thanks,

Joseph

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse