Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hybrid 1/76 Fordson WOT1A Airfield Control Van by Les Freathy

May 11 2017 at 10:15 AM
Neil Craig  (Login Neilie)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 173.33.150.18

Les just forwarded some photos of his very hybrid Airfield Control van and here he describes just how he did it and what he used:

"Attached are some images of a Ford WOT1A runway control van. I received the Milicast Austin K6 van (mastered by Dave Rhodes)but decided as most were mounted on the Ford chassis I would use the Milicast body and build a new chassis using our own resin WOT 1A cab. I first built the body and interior and other than a lot of warping due to the very flexible resin used it went together well. I wanted to feature the doors open and the roof detachable  and had to put a strength rod inside above the rear door. This worked reasonably well but it was impossible to get the front and rear panels completely straight across the tops but with the roof on its not to bad. For this type of truck I could not use the Austin K6 chassis as the Fords were much longer so used one from the Airfix AEC Refueller. I know the comments that's a 10 ton chassis not a 3 ton but believe me it works after I had cut all the parts on the outside of the chassis off and filed down the winch etc. and it is the correct length . As mentioned I used my own WOT1A cab (mastered by Neil) and a set of my own wheels which are almost the part for these Fords. I then went around the model adding items as per Geoff Lacy plans and photographic detail. The (original) Austin K6 cab chassis is now completed and will I hope be fitted with a 10 or 20kva generator."

Thanks Les and a great job of cross-kitting to get just the vehicle you want....very innovative!

Cheers,

Neil

DSCF2158
DSCF2160
DSCF2163
DSCF2159
DSCF2164

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tim Marshall
(Login DittoML)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Hybrid 1/76 Fordson WOT1A Airfield Control Van by Les Freathy

May 11 2017, 2:46 PM 

Love the interior, especially the bulletin board!!!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse