Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The road to Berlin

May 19 2017 at 9:15 AM
Philippe Bonnet  (Login philippebonnet)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 84.5.195.144

[linked image]

The diorama is inspired by the very well-known color video on the Oder battle and the Soviet march to Berlin from the Oder banks; The video includes a sequence with several Sturmgeshutz allegedly in Seelow Heights Area. The exact area of the footage and the unit the Stu G are belonging to is still a subject of discussion ( Lerh Brigade 110, Stug Abt 210 or 32ss PZ div etc…) thus let’s say the action is located on the oder;
With the support of an assault gun from an unidentified Heer unit, A Volksturm unit is getting back in a trench which was evacuated before the massive Soviet Artillery fire started, a tactic commonly used to spare scare resources at the end of the war;
The veteran tank leader is pushing the elders of the wolksturm to take a precarious refuge in the trench; the enemy is coming, and few of them will survive the day…

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
peter harrington
(Login pfhnorm)
Missing-Lynx members

superb

May 19 2017, 9:23 AM 

the colors, composition are excellent, creates a sense of urgency like I am sure you intended! the figures on foot are Pegasus? The tank commander, where is he from ? love his arm positioned forward, excellent choice

Respond to this message   
Philippe Bonnet
(Login philippebonnet)
Missing-Lynx members

Figures

May 19 2017, 10:44 AM 

are from Pegasus, but I changes the head of é of them by Preiser heads, and I aded the bread bags and bidon from preiser as well. the tank leader is in resine, I don't really remember as I did not kept the box, maybe retrokit but I'm not sure;

Thanks for the comments

Respond to this message   
John lewis
(Login johosjokers)
Missing-Lynx members

Dio on the Oder

May 19 2017, 10:48 AM 

Great modeling, figure painting and layout of the scene itself.
Jl

Respond to this message   
Philippe Bonnet
(Login philippebonnet)
Missing-Lynx members

thanks ! nt

May 19 2017, 11:56 AM 

Respond to this message   
Dan Taylor
(Login Dan-Taylor)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: The road to Berlin

May 19 2017, 10:54 AM 

Hello Philippe
Great looking diorama. The additional plating really changes the character of the StuG. I like what you've done with the camouflage and the figures really add something - the chap in the fawn coat in particular.

All the best

Dan

Respond to this message   
Philippe Bonnet
(Login philippebonnet)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks Dan nt

May 19 2017, 11:58 AM 

Respond to this message   
Augusto I Versiani
(Login Versiani)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: The road to Berlin

May 19 2017, 11:05 AM 

Very nice, figures, terrain and vehicle, all very well done.

This message has been edited by Versiani from IP address 189.49.122.208 on May 19, 2017 11:08 AM

Respond to this message   
Philippe Bonnet
(Login philippebonnet)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks !

May 19 2017, 11:59 AM 

Respond to this message   
Dave Rhodes
(Login DaveRhodes)
Missing-Lynx members

Movement.

May 19 2017, 11:51 AM 

Beautifully done, full of movement and urgency.

Respond to this message   
Philippe Bonnet
(Login philippebonnet)
Missing-Lynx members

movement....

May 19 2017, 12:01 PM 

The challenge is to find dynamic figures,
Most of the time the soft plastic figures have more dynamic poses, but the quality is lower than resin figures, or even the few hard plastic figures on the market

Respond to this message   
peter van kempen
(Login P.vanKempen)
Missing-Lynx members

very much telling the story, figure animation is super.

May 19 2017, 1:29 PM 

Respond to this message   
Philippe Bonnet
(Login philippebonnet)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks Peter nt

May 19 2017, 5:39 PM 

Respond to this message   
Rob Searson
(Login Quentin30)
Missing-Lynx members

wow

May 19 2017, 1:58 PM 

Excellent diorama... the only thing you might add is that haunting music from the video clip of that vehicle.. Great work..

Rob

Respond to this message   
Philippe Bonnet
(Login philippebonnet)
Missing-Lynx members

music, ha ha ha ...

May 19 2017, 5:41 PM 

Yes you are right Rob ! I should check were it comes from, i'm also wondering if it's part of the original footage or if it has been added after

Thanks for the comment

Respond to this message   
Rob Searson
(Login Quentin30)
Missing-Lynx members

music

May 20 2017, 12:56 PM 

Added afterwards I would imagine... it's just very haunting, as though death is coming... which I guess it was... But the propaganda newsreels wouldn't have used something like that I don't imagine...

Still, you've captured the mood beautifully... your paining of those troops is exquisite.

Rob

Respond to this message   
Kevin Tong
(Login KevT)
Missing-Lynx members

very well done

May 20 2017, 8:58 AM 

Everything is very impressive - the vehicle, figures and groundwork! Congrats!

A few words on the historical context... In the book Endkampf um das Reichsgebiet 1944-1945 (by Axel Urbanke) the author locates the action in the Zehden bridgehead (not the Seelow Heights) on the east bank of the Oder - it was a last ditch stand to try to prevent the Russians from crossing the Oder. The newsreel was shot between Feb. 22-25 and the vehicles were from Sturmgeschutz Brigade 210 while the infantry were from the 1 Marine Schutzen Brigade. Here are a few photos from the section dealing with this battle:

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Again very well done - you have inspired me to do a similar diorama in the future!

This message has been edited by KevT from IP address 76.120.26.238 on May 20, 2017 8:59 AM

Respond to this message   
Thanks
(Login philippebonnet)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: very well done

May 20 2017, 10:01 AM 

thanks for the comment and the pics, for some I never saw them before.
I read a lot about this video and check many post on axis History forum, as well as several pictures; As far as I undestood, and i would not have a strong opinion as i'm far to have the necessary knowledge but if the 210 stug brigade is an option, (not positionned in Seelow, and fighting with Marine ground force as you said) some people said that in the video, one of the grenadier with the Stug is clearly part of the SS (colar with SS marking) and that the only SS unit with Stug would be the 32 ss Pz div. As I said in my post, I don't want to enter that much in this discussion, and avoided to be much precise about location and unit. As a matter of fact the tank leader wears a heer uniform ( true not visible on the pics I posted) happy.gif

Respond to this message   
paul bishop
(Login paul_bish)
Missing-Lynx members

fantastic

May 20 2017, 11:39 AM 

really like this, I think it might be up there as one of the best I have seen
really like it!!!

Respond to this message   
Philippe Bonnet
(Login philippebonnet)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks Paul

May 20 2017, 12:02 PM 

there are lot of talentuous modeler on this forum ! I'm very often amazed by the quamity of the diorama

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse