Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

SHELF QUEEN CHALLENGE 2017 - Week 3 of 30

May 19 2017 at 6:43 PM
Paul Giles  (Login Spacewolfdad)
MODERATORS ONLY - Braille
from IP address 176.251.125.169

Welcome to the 'Shelf Queen Challenge 2017', the annual event where we try to clear the decks of all the neglected builds that have accumulated over the years. To qualify as a 'Shelf Queen' the model must have been started and then put on one side and left, the period of time is not important only that it has been more or less abandoned. Last year many of us managed to get several of our 'Shelf Queens' finished and there is a real feeling of achievement and satisfaction in doing this. This feature is meant as an impetus to get these models finished and the long length (6 months) allows people to fit this in with their modelling schedule. Hopefully it will as well supported as last year and we can get a good gallery at the end of it.

Could I ask you to post any updates you have please...

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Piotr Pyrczak
(Login ppyrczak)
Missing-Lynx members

Damaged halftrack WIP

May 20 2017, 7:38 AM 

Here's one of my shelf queens. It's the Revell SdKfz 7. For now I added mine damage to the front mudguards and a threadplate on the floor. In places where it's hard to cut PE into shape I used a yoghurt lid. I have doubts with those compartments behind the front rowof seats. I'm using the Toadmans walkaround and I can see some differences like the grab handles on the side. Not sure what should be left alone and what modified.

[linked image]

[linked image]

More to come

Cheers
Piotr

Respond to this message   
John lewis
(Login johosjokers)
Missing-Lynx members

Sdkfz 7 build

May 20 2017, 5:25 PM 

Looking good so far. like the bashed fenders.
Jl

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse