Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

WEEKLY UPDATE - 6.8.2017

August 6 2017 at 7:20 AM
Paul Giles  (Login Spacewolfdad)
MODERATORS ONLY - Braille
from IP address 176.250.120.101

Consider this your invitation to reply to the WEEKLY UPDATE, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Paul Giles
(Login Spacewolfdad)

PSC A9 Cruiser Tank - Pt. 4...

August 6 2017, 7:28 AM 

I have finished the turret now and primed it ready for the painting stage, I am working on the hull and finishing detailing that. Hopefully it will all be primed and ready to paint by next week. Here is the finished turret (I have a few things, which have become apparent after priming, that need tidying up)...

Before priming...

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

After priming...

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Thanks for looking, all comments welcome.

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
Kevin Tong
(Login KevT)
Missing-Lynx members

thats a lot of rivets...

August 6 2017, 8:06 AM 

and very cleanly placed too! Kudos to your patience and persistence.

Respond to this message   
Paul Giles
(Login Spacewolfdad)

Thanks Kevin...

August 6 2017, 1:20 PM 

It was a lot of rivets from an Airfix MkI tank, I enjoy doing it and find it quite relaxing strangely.

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
Tim Treadway
(Login TimTreadway)
Missing-Lynx members

A-9

August 6 2017, 10:35 AM 

Dare I say, this is riveting. Really nice work, Paul. Tim Treadway

Respond to this message   
Paul Giles
(Login Spacewolfdad)

Thanks Tim...

August 6 2017, 1:22 PM 

It had to be said didn't it, I think others have made the same observation. I enjoyed doing it and it wasn't as difficult as it might appear.

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
Mike Durand
(Login mdurand)
Missing-Lynx members

nice upgrade

August 6 2017, 10:52 AM 

is the box below the guns to catch brass. Must keep a tidy battlefield

Mike

Respond to this message   
Paul Giles
(Login Spacewolfdad)

Thanks Mike...

August 6 2017, 1:30 PM 

I think the box is to prevent any spent cartridge cases jamming the turret, not exactly sure as I can't find any description of the function of the box other than to, as you say, keep the battlefield tidy.

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
Graham Mansell
(Login GMansell)
Missing-Lynx members

Rivetting!!! Sorry did I just say that? Not punny!? It does..

August 6 2017, 11:09 AM 

...look very good!! You have done some superb work, will be interested in the rest!!

Respond to this message   
Paul Giles
(Login Spacewolfdad)

Thanks Graham...

August 6 2017, 1:32 PM 

It is funny, also I should have guessed that this would be the comment about the exercise. The rest will be along presently, just some detail work before the primer and painting.

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
John lewis
(Login johosjokers)
Missing-Lynx members

HAHA 😒

August 6 2017, 2:10 PM 

Respond to this message   
Jeff Nelson
(Login ltcjanelson)
Missing-Lynx members

Excellent Work, Paul!

August 6 2017, 12:59 PM 

I sure hope the items that "...need tidying up..." include sink marks on the inside of the hatches, sprue attachment points, and seam lines?

I'd hate to see your excellent rivet work marred by such basic issues.

Happy modeling,

Jeff Nelson
AMPS #2102
AMPS Central SC "Wildcats"

This message has been edited by ltcjanelson from IP address 74.218.228.46 on Aug 6, 2017 12:59 PM

Respond to this message   
Paul Giles
(Login Spacewolfdad)

Thanks Jeff...

August 6 2017, 1:36 PM 

The sink mark will be covered by a periscope just as soon as I have details of what it looked like. The residual seam lines on the edge of the hatches is what I assume you are referring to, it will be sorted. The only attachment point I have noticed is a bit of one left on the periscope, is that what you meant? I will fix that too. Thanks for your 'eagle eyes', I missed these little points.

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
Jeff Nelson
(Login ltcjanelson)
Missing-Lynx members

Some Points for Consideration

August 7 2017, 4:07 PM 

Paul,

It appears like there may be some mold seams on the edges of the open hatches:

[linked image]

Also, a sprue attachment point that still shows on the side of the right "cover" on top of the turret (or is it a closed hatch?):

[linked image]

In the previous picture plus this one it appears that there may still be faint mold seams on the sides of the coaxial MG and the base of the main gun. Also, there appears to be an "edge" along the rectangular "shelf" below the gun mantlet that could be a mold seam, too:

[linked image]

The left lifting eye in the previous picture along with the right lifting eye in the picture below appear to have mold seams or mold shift on the top curved edges:

[linked image]

I could be wrong on any or all of the above, as looking at the model should tell the tale.

I hope this helps, sir.

Jeff Nelson
AMPS #2102
AMPS Central SC "Wildcats"

Respond to this message   
Paul Giles
(Login Spacewolfdad)

Thanks Jeff...

August 7 2017, 5:35 PM 

I will look into each and every point and see what can be done.

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
Neil Craig
(Login Neilie)
Missing-Lynx members

Excellent Work, Paul!

August 6 2017, 1:53 PM 

.....talk about perseverance....that is a lot of rivets and so well executed as well. Great job Paul.

Cheers,

Neil

Respond to this message   
Paul Giles
(Login Spacewolfdad)

Thanks Neil...

August 6 2017, 3:28 PM 

It isn't that laboursome, a quiet evening or two's work, wife watching her favourite detective series' and me beavering away with slicing rivets, domestic bliss happy.gif.

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
Stefan Zadziuk
(Login stefzadziuk)
Missing-Lynx members

Eye watering!

August 6 2017, 2:09 PM 

Hi Paul,

This looks brilliant, sheer perseverance indeed. Have you gone cross-eyed yet? And is your Airfix Mk.1 bald yet?
With all these rivets, weathering and finishing will really make these 'pop'.

All the best
Stefan

Respond to this message   
Paul Giles
(Login Spacewolfdad)

Thanks Stefan...

August 6 2017, 3:38 PM 

I am looking forward to the painting and weathering stage, it will be quite exciting. I just got the A10 & A9 book by Peter Brown and have decided to do this as 'Arnold' of 1st Batallion Royal Tank Regiment, Abbassia, Egypt, May 1940 as it has interesting markings on the side of the turret. There are two sides of an Airfix Mk 1 that are virtually bald now, still a lot of, rivets left though. I will need them when I do my Marder III for the Shelf Queen Challenge later.

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
John lewis
(Login johosjokers)
Missing-Lynx members

Quite the masterpiece

August 6 2017, 2:12 PM 

I think this is one time i can say 'to bad its so small'

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index