Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Roden.

August 10 2017 at 6:06 AM
Dave Rhodes  (Login DaveRhodes)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 88.108.114.230

Question. Has anyone bought the Roden FWD Model B 3 ton lorry & BL 8 inch Howitzer in 72 scale yet? It appears that their are no reviews of this truck/gun combination and i suspect that the gun is in fact the horrible Strellets offering. If it is a genuine plastic kit then i may look at getting one. Any help? Nothing at all on Henks website.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
peter van kempen
(Login P.vanKempen)
Missing-Lynx members

Ive got one, not strelets at all!

August 10 2017, 6:32 AM 

Hi Dave,
Just received my order from Jadar including this kit.
Had a quick look at yr request, and can confirm the Roden kit is not containing a Strelets cannon , nor is it comparable miserable quality. Ive got a Strelets 6inch MK VII cannon to compare here.
On the contrary, the sprues look well detailed, the lafette if you can say that is well defined with rivets etc, Gun tube is two halves, you get the limber and only common solution to Strelets is that you get the tire treads in a strip of soft rubberlike Plastic as tracks are, but also that detail is a world better than the vague lumps that Strelets deliver on theirs.

Id say: go for it!
regards,
Peter

Respond to this message   
Dave Rhodes
(Login DaveRhodes)
Missing-Lynx members

Many thanks.

August 10 2017, 9:22 AM 

Many thanks Peter, those Strellets guns are a joke at best!

Respond to this message   
Pascal Leroux
(Login LEROUXPASCAL)
Missing-Lynx members

some pics ...

August 10 2017, 9:56 AM 

Hello Dave,
you can find some pictures of the sprues here :
http://minitracks.forumpersos.com/t14131-ouvre-boite-roden-fwd-8-inch
in dark green the Roden gun and in light grey the Strelets one...
the comment are in french, but the pictures spoke by themselves...
Pascal

Respond to this message   
Dave Rhodes
(Login DaveRhodes)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks Pasdcal N/T

August 10 2017, 11:52 AM 

Respond to this message   
Grant Parkin
(Login JustGanCanny)
Missing-Lynx members

What clue...??

August 10 2017, 1:12 PM 

What type of glue would you use to attach the rubber tracks/grousers to the main wheels of the gun??

Respond to this message   
Dave Rhodes
(Login DaveRhodes)
Missing-Lynx members

Testing!

August 10 2017, 4:45 PM 

The only way to find out is to test the rubber wrap around with normal plastic glue first and i suppose eventually use Superglue Gel as a final resort.

Respond to this message   
Ilian Filipov
(Login ilfil)
Missing-Lynx members

Testing?

August 10 2017, 5:56 PM 

Hi Dave,
I think no tests are necessary because those vinyl "tyres" are useless anyway IMHO. Not that the idea is bad and probably this is the only right approach here, but the quality is bad due to the bad vinyl traditionally used by that stable.
The rest looks okay but all they look okay on pictures or in the box BEFORE you'll start to build them, so this doesn't necessary mean it is really okay in every respect.
Here you can see the parts on much better pictures:
http://www.kitreviewsonline.de/fwd-3ton-model-b-und-bl-3-inch-howitzer-von-roden-in-172/
Cheers!

Respond to this message   
Dave Rhodes
(Login DaveRhodes)
Missing-Lynx members

Plastic.

August 11 2017, 4:06 AM 

Thanks Ilian, personally i would replace these tracks with plastic strip anyway, the resulting rubber "tyre" from the wrap around stuff would spoil what looks to be a decent kit.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse