Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

SHELF QUEEN CHALLENGE 2017 - Week 15 of 30

August 11 2017 at 6:30 AM
Paul Giles  (Login Spacewolfdad)
MODERATORS ONLY - Braille
from IP address 176.250.120.101

Welcome to the 'Shelf Queen Challenge 2017', the annual event where we try to clear the decks of all the neglected builds that have accumulated over the years. To qualify as a 'Shelf Queen' the model must have been started and then put on one side and left, the period of time is not important only that it has been more or less abandoned. Last year many of us managed to get several of our 'Shelf Queens' finished and there is a real feeling of achievement and satisfaction in doing this. This feature is meant as an impetus to get these models finished and the long length (6 months) allows people to fit this in with their modelling schedule. Hopefully it will as well supported as last year and we can get a good gallery at the end of it.

Could I ask you to post any updates you have please...

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
John lewis
(Login johosjokers)
Missing-Lynx members

Sws/pak

August 11 2017, 3:52 PM 

Calling it dun.
Photo_Collage_Maker_nk5_Lh_F
Photo_Collage_Maker_PGM4_WU
Photo_Collage_Maker_w_Vnnrc

Respond to this message   
paul bishop
(Login paul_bish)
Missing-Lynx members

very nice

August 12 2017, 2:50 AM 

nice scene and the figures bring it to life. The flowers are also effective in the verge where are they from?

Respond to this message   
John lewis
(Login johosjokers)
Missing-Lynx members

Fr scenic express

August 12 2017, 4:48 AM 

They're having a sale now, time to order more stuff.
http://www.sceneryexpress.com/mobile/

Respond to this message   
Kevin Tong
(Login KevT)
Missing-Lynx members

excellent work! n/t

August 12 2017, 9:31 AM 

Respond to this message   
John lewis
(Login johosjokers)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks kevin! N/t

August 12 2017, 10:08 PM 

Respond to this message   
John lewis
(Login johosjokers)
Missing-Lynx members

Scammel

August 11 2017, 4:01 PM 

The war is over or at least well past the need for this bridging unit, so this depicts it being hauled off to a collection point. Used a innernets formula for the brown..scc no.2 i think.
The bridge was overly covered in mud, i was talking to someone while i was doing it. Still a neat truck, and plan to add the tarmac camo to at least the trailer, and maybe over spray the tractor with the '44 on od green.
IMG_20170807_230115

This message has been edited by johosjokers from IP address 166.137.126.108 on Aug 11, 2017 6:45 PM

Respond to this message   
paul bishop
(Login paul_bish)
Missing-Lynx members

looking good

August 12 2017, 2:51 AM 

nice change from the usual load

Respond to this message   
John lewis
(Login johosjokers)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks! N/t

August 12 2017, 4:49 AM 

Respond to this message   
paul bishop
(Login paul_bish)
Missing-Lynx members

my rather late entry...

August 12 2017, 3:02 AM 

The Famo was finished about 2 years ago and the gun a bout a year ago...been sat there since then with this diorama plan in mind. So with the family still away I have had time to spend in the war room wink.gif Really happy with progress so far. Revel kits and some figures, MR Models detail set and a few Ab figures thrown in for good measure.

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
John lewis
(Login johosjokers)
Missing-Lynx members

Man thats nice

August 12 2017, 4:45 AM 

Love that ground work, its a great looking dio. I was giving my K18 a look over tonight, wanted to pop the barrel loose from the carriage, but it ain't going to happen, so its going to be towed in one piece. Its a shame there is no barrel carriage for these things.
Jl

Respond to this message   
paul bishop
(Login paul_bish)
Missing-Lynx members

thanks

August 12 2017, 5:32 AM 

Still bits to be done, the lanyard etc and then put a border on the base to tidy that mess up wink.gif

And yes its a pity these kits down come with the transport mode as well as it seems they didn't get towed too much as one piece.

Respond to this message   
Kevin Tong
(Login KevT)
Missing-Lynx members

impressive!

August 12 2017, 9:25 AM 

Looks like you don't have too much further to go. Looking forward to the finished product and some close-ups! Hadn't heard of AB figures before - I'll have to check them out.

Respond to this message   
paul bishop
(Login paul_bish)
Missing-Lynx members

thanks Kevin

August 12 2017, 11:20 AM 

I think AB figures are great, really full of nicely animated details and a wide range of poses. Really good for support folks etc

http://abfigures.com

Respond to this message   
Mark Knight
(Login lanks)
Missing-Lynx members

First imgur attempt

August 12 2017, 5:58 AM 

Hopefully this works.
This the the Revell tiger with metal barrel, Part etch zimmeret, Mig engine, Lonewulf spare track and the wonderful OKB transport tracks. Sat on a Kora transport flat and Italeri rails.Phew!

[linked image]
[linked image]

This message has been edited by lanks from IP address 213.205.195.38 on Aug 12, 2017 6:57 AM

Respond to this message   
Kevin Tong
(Login KevT)
Missing-Lynx members

well done!

August 12 2017, 9:29 AM 

Although it seems like the Tiger should be tied down or fastened to the railway car in some fashion. Who makes the decals (did they come with the kit)?

Respond to this message   
Mark Knight
(Login lanks)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks Kevin

August 12 2017, 10:02 AM 

It's not finished yet but I'm not sure if they tied them down or relied on their own weight to keep them in place. I would a full train of tigers wouldn't travel too quickly!
The decals come with the wagon and go on well and are so well ptinted you can read or the labelling!

Mark

Respond to this message   
paul bishop
(Login paul_bish)
Missing-Lynx members

tanks are always tied down

August 12 2017, 12:27 PM 

normally with chains and turnbuckles crossed over at the front shackles plus wooden chocks

Respond to this message   
Christopher Benjamin
(Login 8179)
Missing-Lynx members

No.

August 12 2017, 9:44 PM 

German tanks or other vehicles were rarely tied down, but usually "chocked" with lumber, tracks and other heavy items placed behind or in front of sprockets or idlers.

Why they didn't chain or turn buckle them down, I don't know. It's only allied equipment that you will see extensivly tied down. Remember, allied equipment shared the rails

with passenger trains on the home front. (America or England) German rail outside of Germany (to the front or through occupied countries) would likely not share rail

with passenger trains, hence no need for the safety measures.

Respond to this message   
paul bishop
(Login paul_bish)
Missing-Lynx members

I stand corrected ;) n/t

August 13 2017, 6:35 AM 

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse