Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Ford WOT2H

August 12 2017 at 4:15 PM
Chris Grove  (Login chrismmgrove)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 88.106.126.50

]]Hi guys
My computer is playing up so I cannot attach anything to an email. So I'll put my latest on the forum so you can all criticize it. I had two copies of a pic of this Ford of the Dutch Prinses Irene brigade landing in Normandy in August 1944. Both were fuzzy and you could not read the markings clearly. But I recently bought a French book (in English) entitled 'Allies in Battledress@ (Belgian, French, Dutch, Czech. Norwegians and Polish) which had a splendidly clear version of the same pic (I only got one number wrong on the number plate). So here is my 1/76 version. The camera decided after the first pic that it needed flash; hence the apparent change in colour. But actually the thing is painted in SCC2 brown, even though it looks green.
Chris

[img][linked image][/img]

[img][linked image][/img]

[img][linked image][/img

This message has been edited by chrismmgrove from IP address 88.106.126.50 on Aug 14, 2017 4:28 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Neil Craig
(Login Neilie)
Missing-Lynx members

Looks great Chris!

August 12 2017, 4:52 PM 

It's funny what cameras can do to colour. I have had the same issue time and time again. I try not to use the flash now which seems to help but even in good daylight moving the subject to a different angle can change the colour overall of the background and model......I'm no photographer I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Neil

Respond to this message   
Dan Taylor
(Login Dan-Taylor)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Ford WOT2H

August 13 2017, 1:17 AM 

Hi Chris
The WOT3 is probably my favourite 15-cwt and you have captured it very nicely.

I too have suffered the same balance change on a brown/olive switch. Natual light and a long exposure make your chances better but there is no panacea. You can also try a plain blue background.

All the best

Dan

Respond to this message   
Ilian Filipov
(Login ilfil)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Ford WOT2H

August 13 2017, 6:05 AM 

Hi Chris,
Yet another good model from your workbench, congratulations!
For one thing you're right, as are Neil and Dan above: there are some stubborn colours which are impossible to get right on pictures in any light conditions and with any camera settings.
However, since the PhotoShop was invented most of these problems can be solved.

wot

Keep 'em going!

Respond to this message   
David Clark
(Login DavidJClark)
Missing-Lynx members

Nice work Chris!

August 13 2017, 6:25 PM 

I think I know the photograph ... and I'm looking forward even more to the arrival of "Allies in Battledress".

After struggling to visualise the SCC2 camouflage, I find that Ilian has corrected the colour overnight happy.gif

It is a great little model - I assume it's the MMS kit - and I particularly like the tilt. Is that SCC2 employed as the disrupter?

Cheers

David

Respond to this message   
Mike Starmer
(Login Mikestarmer)
Missing-Lynx members

Is that SCC2 employed as the disrupter?

August 14 2017, 12:14 PM 

If it is, it shouldn't be, SCC1A or black it should be. Nice model Chris.

Respond to this message   
Chris Grove
(Login chrismmgrove)
Missing-Lynx members

Ford WOT2

August 14 2017, 4:20 PM 

Yes, its the MMS kit. According to my measurements, the grille is a tad too wide, but the Firing Line brass kit which I signally failed to construct has a beautiful etched grille which is a tad too narrow! I had hoped to kit bash but ended up only using a few parts from the brass kit. Anyway, the MMS kit seems to look good so who cares. The truck is painted in SCC2 according to (maybe a bit roughly) Mr Starmer's excellent recipe. Somewhere I found another mix for SCC2 dyed canvas wwhich looks a bit lighter, and the disruptive was the same but made a bit darker. Since the disruptive faces upwards, it naturally fades more (at least that's my excuse).
Chris

PS I've changed the other two pics in my post above from links to thumbnails. Click to expand, if IMGUR be believed!

This message has been edited by chrismmgrove from IP address 88.106.126.50 on Aug 14, 2017 4:30 PM

Respond to this message   
Les Freathy
(Login matador45)
Missing-Lynx members

very nice

August 14 2017, 5:04 PM 

Well done Chris its up to your usual high standards

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse