Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

WEEKLY UPDATE - 10.9.2017

September 10 2017 at 7:50 AM
Paul Giles  (Login Spacewolfdad)
MODERATORS ONLY - Braille
from IP address 176.250.120.101

Consider this your invitation to reply to the WEEKLY UPDATE, with a post of some of your work, whether completed or "in progress" of kits, figures, and dioramas.

This is not a private club or group, anyone and everyone can add to the thread, & is openly encouraged to do so.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate, & everything Braille and relating to this forum is in scope.

There is no need to write a "short story" to accompany any work submitted, though some notes about what you are posting is usually useful (though you may write at length if you wish) and queries for assistance, opinions or advice with a build or kit are encouraged.

Comments are encouraged, be they suggestions, tips, advices, hints, warnings of kit or instruction deficiencies, questions, etc, with the proviso they show the level of respect to the poster and the work they have taken the time to show us, that is customary on the forum.

The intention is that a new WEEKLY UPDATE is created each week on the same day, to allow people to post new pictures and updates of their work, as the original will "move down" and will be hard to find after a week.

The WEEKLY UPDATE is not intended to change how people already use the forum, though anyone is welcome to add their updates and comments, its intent is to draw a few of those who work away on braille scale subjects and seldom or never post, to share some of what they do.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Graham Mansell
(Login GMansell)
Missing-Lynx members

Well the Stolly never made the club's contest; but...

September 10 2017, 10:48 AM 

...will be ready for our big show at the end of the month!!!
Some pics of the cab interior completed;
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

The next pic shows where I got to by Wed aft;
[linked image]

...and where I am now;
[linked image]

Got one of the roof hatches working, but it is pretty flimsy so I may have to beef up the components!?
[linked image]

So now the aim is to get this and a few other kits done for our biennial show - CapCon 2017! It is being held this year at the Canadian War Museum, with the built kits in the same room as their 1 to 1 inspirations. I shall post a report after the show date (30 Sep) with pics of the Braille entries. It is disappointing that there are only 2 categories for our models but if there is a good turn out they will have to split these!

Cheers

Respond to this message   
john lewis
(Login johosjokers)
Missing-Lynx members

stollie

September 10 2017, 11:49 AM 

neat truck, those switches on the dash are really tiny, but look like they should actually operate..very nice.

Respond to this message   
paul bishop
(Login paul_bish)
Missing-Lynx members

this is going to be a corker!!

September 10 2017, 12:37 PM 

Love the Stolly!!!

Respond to this message   
peter van kempen
(Login P.vanKempen)
Missing-Lynx members

Almost shame to cover it over!

September 10 2017, 12:38 PM 

But look forward to the total picture of it, completed.
thanks for posting,
Peter

Respond to this message   
Paul Giles
(Login Spacewolfdad)

Best not to rush it...

September 10 2017, 12:44 PM 

Hello Graham,

Get it done at a reasonable pace and exactly how you want it to look, better than rushing to finish it. It looks a great model from the sub assemblies and will really stand out when fully built. Look forward to further updates and seeing the completed model.

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
Simon Barnes
(Login sbarnes60)
Missing-Lynx members

Yellow handbags?

September 10 2017, 1:28 PM 

I see it missing the most important piece of equipment, the famed yellow handbag (or more) of herforderpils, no BAOR vehicle is complete without itπŸ˜€ Nice build, I will have to get me one of theses.

Respond to this message   
paul bishop
(Login paul_bish)
Missing-Lynx members

funny you mention that

September 11 2017, 4:28 PM 

just saw it being discussed on the BAOR group on Facebook, would be a great addition wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Graham Mansell
(Login GMansell)
Missing-Lynx members

Did some research and found out about these 'bags'...

September 12 2017, 2:49 PM 

...and how they are transport modules for 'Golden Elixir'!!!!
Now we need someone to print up something in 72nd to be glued onto an appropriate sized piece of plastic, or balsa??

Respond to this message   
Graham Mansell
(Login GMansell)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks for the kind words Chaps, I have just under 3...

September 11 2017, 3:38 PM 

...weeks to complete it so shouldn't be a problem, just button up the cab add some details finish painting & weather a bit, eesy peezy??
OK I have to ask about these yellow bags, in all the pics I have harvested I saw nothing resembling these??

Respond to this message   
Simon Barnes
(Login sbarnes60)
Missing-Lynx members

This week I have been mostly at the beach

September 10 2017, 11:08 AM 

No not that beach, unfortunately but this:-

[linked image]

The cab, cabin and turret are not fixed and so can be removed for painting, leaving just the two bins on the rear of the chassis to be painted, I have shortened the ammunition boxes on the rear (not in photo) and need to cast some up. Maybe in the future if someone releases a metal barrel fo it, I will replace it.

Also been having fun with the Iskander, the cab and generator unit are not attached as is the front of the missile bay, you can see I had to shorten the mountings for the wheels for the resin replacements.

[linked image]

And the last one is just for fun,

[linked image]

Sorry about the quality of the photos, but I have put my camera in that safe place, that I can't find againπŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ˜‘

Respond to this message   
john lewis
(Login johosjokers)
Missing-Lynx members

at the beach

September 10 2017, 11:51 AM 

so it's a real beach to build? looks great so far, are all 3 mc kits?

Respond to this message   
Simon Barnes
(Login sbarnes60)
Missing-Lynx members

Beach

September 10 2017, 1:19 PM 

Yes all 3 are Modelcollect nice kits to build but a bit quirky at timesπŸ˜€

Just in case you didn't know, the top kit is the A 222 Bereg or Beach if translatedπŸ˜€

Respond to this message   
John lewis
(Login johosjokers)
Missing-Lynx members

O..so THAT beach. N/t

September 10 2017, 8:44 PM 

Respond to this message   
paul bishop
(Login paul_bish)
Missing-Lynx members

WOW!

September 10 2017, 12:38 PM 

they are some big old beasties. looking forward to seeing them finished

Respond to this message   
Simon Barnes
(Login sbarnes60)
Missing-Lynx members

Should be done next week

September 10 2017, 1:15 PM 

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Best laid plans and all that!

Thanks.

Respond to this message   
Paul Giles
(Login Spacewolfdad)

Lots of work...

September 10 2017, 1:02 PM 

Hello Simon,

These models seem very labour intensive, so much to build and detail. They do look spectacular when finished and I shall look forward to seeing this pair done. The ModelCollect offering is a bit bonkers, I imagine the recoil from this gun mount would be too much even for the big E100 tank chassis, does look impressive though. The best bit is that you can make up a camouflage scheme as no one can argue with you, that would be fun.

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
Simon Barnes
(Login sbarnes60)
Missing-Lynx members

Thinking about putting some hydraulic jacks on it

September 10 2017, 1:11 PM 

I agree, I doubt that even a 100 ton chassis would stand much punishment from this pair banging away! That's the best part about 46, no right or wrong, πŸ˜€

Respond to this message   
jan willem bakker
(Login jwbakker)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: This week I have been mostly at the beach

September 10 2017, 2:25 PM 

hi simon,
that dual flak on the e100 is a beast! looking forward to the final thing.
jw

Respond to this message   
Graham Mansell
(Login GMansell)
Missing-Lynx members

Well!! I am very impressed by your work on the Bereg...

September 11 2017, 3:48 PM 

...you scratch built the side platforms - bravo, they look good!!! I may have a go at the front one but that will be all! Do the turret railings have hinges or are they just placed there? I have a theory on the 2 boxes at the rear of each side of the frame - they are for the rear level jack plates?? In all the pics I can find I only see 1 plate on each side in the racks under the forward cabin?? And the kit plates seem to fit inside?
The other 2 kits are coming along nicely, whose resin wheels are on the MZKT chassis?
Cheers

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 56 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse