Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Stug III zimmerit from Monroe Perdu is available

September 12 2017 at 3:09 AM
Michael Bishop  (Login mperdu)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 99.7.125.16

Just wanted to let everybody know that we have released the first ever sets of laser etched zimmerit in 1/72 scale.
The sets fit the Dragon Models Stug III kits and depict both Alkett factory waffle pattern and MIAG factory checkered pattern coatings.

These sets are applied the same as our larger scale sets with ordinary white glue (PVA) to the primed plastic kit parts.
Besides being easy to apply, the nature of the material and production process allows you to easily battle damage and therefore customize the look of a particular vehicle.

Included on the sheet are extra panels for experimenting with, as well as side skirts to replace the one piece plastic kit parts.
The Dragon kit's plastic lower hangers press fit into the cutouts of the shields, while the upper notches on the shields just hang on the Dragon rails.

The photos show the Dragon kit with the waffle pattern applied.
These sets are listed on our website as well as eBay right now, as eBay may be an easier process for some people.

These sets will ship worldwide in an envelope for $1.00
The price per set is $10.00

I very much appreciate all of the positive reactions and comments about these sets and we will continue to expand our range with sets for the Panther (in progress) as well as the PZIV, Tiger I and King Tiger very shortly.

I'm happy to try to answer any questions about the product, application and painting of the material.
Mike
IMG_8965
IMG_8966
IMG_8971
IMG_8973

www.monroeperdu.com

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rob Pye
(Login docpye2)
Missing-Lynx members

Great stuff from Mike that will revolutionize the way we recreate zimmerit!

September 12 2017, 3:39 AM 

Great stuff from Mike that will revolutionize the way we recreate zimmerit!

Here is the direct link to Mike's Alkett zimmerit pattern for the Dragon Stug III kit:

http://www.monroeperdu.com/Waffle-Pattern-Zimmerit-for-172-Scale-Stug-III-_p_88.html

Mike has completed the MiAG zimmerit pattern but at present it isn't up on his website.

Remember that this is Mike/Monroe Perdu's first foray into 1/72, so please support this manufacturer with your wallet, as he brings us a revolutionary new way of producing quality and accurate zimmerit for our models.

To reiterate, I have no financial involvement in this firm but do want to see Mike succeed, so he does more 1/72 items for us!!!!!!!!!!!

This message has been edited by docpye2 from IP address 92.1.66.53 on Sep 12, 2017 4:58 AM

Respond to this message   
Kevin Tong
(Login KevT)
Missing-Lynx members

great news!

September 12 2017, 8:41 AM 

Let's hope this is just the opening salvo in a barrage of different zimmerit patterns to come!

Respond to this message   
Rob Pye
(Login docpye2)
Missing-Lynx members

I hope so too...but it will depend on people opening up their wallets and spending!

September 12 2017, 9:32 AM 

I hope so too...but it will depend on people opening up their wallets and spending!

Respond to this message   
Tim Treadway
(Login TimTreadway)
Missing-Lynx members

Zimmeritt

September 12 2017, 9:21 AM 

I ordered a couple of sets of each this morning, Mike. Looking forward to getting them. Tim Treadway

Respond to this message   
Rob Pye
(Login docpye2)
Missing-Lynx members

That's what Mike needs to hear...the sound of money coming in for his hard work! ;)

September 12 2017, 9:32 AM 

That's what Mike needs to hear...the sound of money coming in for his hard work! wink.gif

Respond to this message   
peter harrington
(Login pfhnorm)
Missing-Lynx members

quick question

September 12 2017, 7:43 PM 

these are amazing and will be getting some! i understand the dragon model was used for the template but would these work on others like PSC, Revell, Armourfast...

Respond to this message   
Rob Pye
(Login docpye2)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks!

September 13 2017, 5:06 AM 

Mike has made this set to fit the Dragon Stug III kit. I haven't yet tested it on the Revell Stug III, but will do shortly once the sheets arrive, and report the results. As for the other kits you mentioned, I don't have the PSC or Armourfast kits in hand, so I can't say. As you know, for some AFV types there are often a variety of kits out there, and many with different dimensions on them. To begin with his first foray into 1/72 I have advised Mike to focus on the most popular kit types - mainly Dragon and Revell - and see how things go. If there is indeed demand for other manufacturers kits then these will of course be considered. All that said, if the kit manufacturer did their homework right then you should be able to get a set to fit with some tinkering.

Respond to this message   
Michael Bishop
(Login mperdu)
Missing-Lynx members

Orders Are Shipped

September 14 2017, 2:17 AM 

Thanks everyone who has taken the plunge and ordered some zimmerit!

All orders that have been received on 9/12 and 9/13 have been shipped.

We're looking forward to seeing what everyone does with their Stug. kits.

Mike
www.monroeperdu.com

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse