Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

GROUP BUILD 2017.3 - RECCE - Week 6 of 22...

September 13 2017 at 6:44 AM
Paul Giles  (Login Spacewolfdad)
MODERATORS ONLY - Braille
from IP address 176.250.120.101

Last week was another week of interesting builds, hopefully this week will also show a few more entries for the Group Build. Now that the Summer is behind us and we head into the darker nights (well here in the Northern Hemisphere) there will be a few more people taking part, as modelling takes over from outdoor pastimes. So, gentlemen, can we have any updates you have please....

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Piotr Pyrczak
(Login ppyrczak)
Missing-Lynx members

My recce progress

September 13 2017, 7:27 AM 

Here's my progress so far.
My Ba-10 got a couple more holes and a new barrel. The next step is boxing it up and working on the exterior. I'll need to reconstruct one vision slit cover as it fell apart during removal.

RPtu

Mij1

1Jx3G

The S-Model Jeep is an amazing little kit. The tiny parts are a bit of a challenge to come off the sprue in one piece but nothing tragic happened yet. I'll work on the MG support and the radio next.

i3m1

The carriers are going a bit slow. I'm in the process of sanding down the side walls - not a big deal with IBG but on the PSC kit I'll have to fill the gaps. My plan is to use some spare bits from one of my old carrier builds to dress up the PSC one. There's still the problem to make up some crew figs that will fit inside...

yjzO

That's it for now. We'll see which one will be ready first.
Cheers
Piotr

Respond to this message   
jan willem bakker
(Login jwbakker)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: My recce progress

September 13 2017, 4:36 PM 

hello piotr,
nice update of your builds!

Respond to this message   
Dan Rosecrans
(Login dprosecrans)
Missing-Lynx members

You are.......

September 13 2017, 10:40 PM 

working O/T, Piotr. Everything looks great, so far.....Dan

Respond to this message   
Paul Giles
(Login Spacewolfdad)

Nice selection...

September 14 2017, 3:57 AM 

Hello Piotr,

These are very nice builds you have under way, they should all build up into nice models. The Ba-10 looks very interesting with all the open doors and hatches, I shall be interested to see what you do with this one. I like the little S-Model Jeep, I am looking for a suitable Jeep to do an SAS one, would it be suitable do you think? Finally the two carriers will be interesting when you have them finished, there were a lot of these produced and they appear in many photos of the British Army in WWII, but are not often seen modelled. I shall look forward to seeing yours made up. Good work so far.

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
Kevin Tong
(Login KevT)
Missing-Lynx members

good work

September 14 2017, 8:44 AM 

Look forward to seeing the interior of the BA-6!

Respond to this message   
Kevin Tong
(Login KevT)
Missing-Lynx members

wrestling a slippery pig: the ACE 250/9

September 13 2017, 8:34 AM 

Started on the interior of the Sd. Kfz. 250/9. Unlike the 250/1, most of the interior will be blocked out by the turret and gun mount so I skimped a lot on details - just the minimum (for example, even though parts are included for the driver's panel, radio and steering wheel/controls, I left them all off). Looking at the rear of the vehicle first the main feature is the ammo boxes for the 20 mm cannon (sorry for the blurred pic):

[linked image]

I should mention that the roof piece took a LOT of work to get it so that it would fit correctly on the hull. Sections from two sides were cut away and the considerable gaps were filled with pieces of plastic strip, putty and gallons of gap-filling superglue! On the right side is the spare MG 34:

[linked image]

On the left is the fire extinguisher and gas masks:

[linked image]

I cut out the rear door so as to model it open - so most of the rear details will be visible.

[linked image]

The cable comes from Eureka XXL. The clamps were scratchbuilt. I also scratchbuilt the door (which will be left off until after painting) since the one that was cut from the model was way too thick as well as having mangled edges.

[linked image]

Progress is slow but steady. Despite all the extra work and headaches I am actually starting to develop a real fondness for these two little builds - kind of like a special needs child who needs extra love and attention! See you again next week...

This message has been edited by KevT from IP address 73.3.187.215 on Sep 13, 2017 8:35 AM

Respond to this message   
Piotr Pyrczak
(Login ppyrczak)
Missing-Lynx members

Good effort

September 13 2017, 2:48 PM 

ACE kits don't sell themselves cheap, it's always a bit of a fight. Your effort seems to be paying off, your halftracks are moving closer and closer to completion. Good luck.

Cheers
Piotr

Respond to this message   
jan willem bakker
(Login jwbakker)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: wrestling a slippery pig: the ACE 250/9

September 13 2017, 4:34 PM 

hi kevin,
great job you are doing on the 250. you will come out on top,just takes a bit of fiddeling. i really like the interior updates and scratch details you make on each of them.
keep it up, almost there happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Tim Treadway
(Login TimTreadway)
Missing-Lynx members

September 13 2017, 5:23 PM 

Hey Kevin;

Great work so far. Keep up the good work. The ACE kits do grow on you. You will get a lot of personal satisfaction when you finish these. Tim Treadway

Respond to this message   
Tim Marshall
(Login DittoML)
Missing-Lynx members

Cutting the Door

September 13 2017, 6:46 PM 

This looks great. Can you tell me how you cut out the door? The plastic looks quite thick, especially at the bottom end! I've often though of cutting doors and hatches of kits that are molded closed, but have never been able to summon up the nerve for fear of destroying everything. I know you mentioned the actual door that was removed was itself mangled, but the cut through the back plate looks relatively tidy.

This message has been edited by DittoML from IP address 47.55.248.148 on Sep 13, 2017 6:49 PM

Respond to this message   
Dan Rosecrans
(Login dprosecrans)
Missing-Lynx members

Very nice start, Kevin.....Dan n/t

September 13 2017, 10:47 PM 

Respond to this message   
Paul Bishop
(Login paul_bish)
Missing-Lynx members

good wrestling skills sir ;) n/t

September 14 2017, 1:53 AM 

Respond to this message   
Paul Giles
(Login Spacewolfdad)

ACE kits do that to you...

September 14 2017, 4:06 AM 

Hello Kevin,

Having made my fair share of their models I can definitely say that they sort of grow on you. A bit like getting used to eating a good Stilton cheese, it is an acquired taste. You have made a fine job of the second of your two builds, the rear door is nicely done and will be an interesting point on the vehicle. Once you have got the running gear on these will really look the part. I am looking forward to seeing them made up and what camouflage you apply to them. Good work so far.

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
Kevin Tong
(Login KevT)
Missing-Lynx members

thanks to all...

September 14 2017, 8:39 AM 

for your continued interest and feedback - means a lot to me!

Tim: the door was cut out using a sharp scalpel which I used to repeatedly scribe along the door contours - very tedious work - estimate it took approximately two hours. Once the door was cut out the hole left behind is bigger than the original area indicated by the mold lines so I restored it to its original dimensions by gluing thin pieces of plastic strip to the inside edges, filling gaps with putty and sanding smooth. A ton of patience is required but I think you'll agree the results are worth it! Thanks for the compliment.

Respond to this message   
Elliott Winthrop
(Login elliott.winthrop)
Missing-Lynx members

Great work so far Kevin

September 16 2017, 4:42 AM 

building ACE kits is a different experience
a lot more sanding & fitting
but I find it a nice challenge.
Cheers Elliott

Respond to this message   
David Pérez del Palomar
(Login VladMad)
Missing-Lynx members

AB42 sahariana metropolitana

September 13 2017, 12:19 PM 

Hi all

At same time as my 223 build, I'm starting an Italeri ABM 42 Sahariana metropolitana.

MydmHIKl.jpg

Kit sprues

YHc9liml.jpg

Wheel tub

ufYdok4l.jpg

Gun mount detailed with open some spots

5jFllNfl.jpg

Spare wheel in epoxy

F2lZDHql.jpg

Primer and sand color done. Starting Green camo color.

Thanks for viewing

This message has been edited by VladMad from IP address 62.101.162.57 on Sep 13, 2017 12:19 PM

Respond to this message   
Piotr Pyrczak
(Login ppyrczak)
Missing-Lynx members

Sahariana! Cool

September 13 2017, 2:43 PM 

Nice to see this cool kit in the making. I like the front wheel and gun detailing - the gun was indeed simplified and deserves your treatment. Was this the one where the spare wheel had a different pattern that the other tires or was that the Breda armed one?

Cheers
Piotr

Respond to this message   
David Pérez del Palomar
(Login VladMad)
Missing-Lynx members

Sahariana

September 13 2017, 4:39 PM 

Hi Piotr.

Thanks for your comments.

This is 47/32 breda gun. Front wheel was same pattern than others, but it was only half wheel. Is for this, I made wheel tub

Respond to this message   
Dan Rosecrans
(Login dprosecrans)
Missing-Lynx members

This is.......

September 13 2017, 10:51 PM 

one quick build that will look really nice......Dan

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse