Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Railroad-Related Models and Track Gauge

July 3 2011 at 9:38 AM
  (Login RobertPotter)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 173.245.56.221

I recently read reviews of the re-released DML armored rail cars and the Trumpeter armored train cars and again was struck by the omission of a critical piece of information. I wish reviewers would identify what track gauge is represented by these pieces. The standard European railroad track gauge is 4'8 1/2"; Russian standard gauge is 5 feet. The Germans rebuilt Russian railroads so that their rolling stock could follow their advancing armies.

For a long time I wanted to build the K5E railroad gun, because my father told me he got shot at by Anzio Annie. I put off buying one until I ran into an old friend, an Eastern European railroad enthusiast, who told me that the Trumpeter kit is Russian standard and the DML kit is European standard.

I know it is possible to make the conversion, but for that kind of money for a kit, I'd like it to be right the first time.

Thanks for reading.

Bob Potter

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I believe they are the same - David Bourland on Jul 3, 11:18 AM
  3. according to Perth - David Schemel on Jul 3, 11:25 AM
    1. Re: according to Perth - Glen Burns on Jul 3, 6:24 PM
      1. There the same. - Dave Coyne on Jul 3, 8:38 PM

4. No one is making Russian Gauge in 1/35 [yet] - Adam Kuller on Jul 4, 1:12 AM
  6. Thank you, gentlemen - Robert E. Potter, Jr. on Jul 6, 5:52 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse