Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Some basic points

September 22 2011 at 11:47 AM
Miguel Jimenez Mig  (Login Mig_Jimenez)
MODERATORS ONLY - ES
from IP address 81.36.19.142

Response to Judging

Well, here some basic stuff that is universal:

1) Judges must be enought smart to avoid to follow fashions or VIP poeple in the shows.

2) Judges must have enought knologements of some areas, like history, paint, Scratch...and a good combination of judges can cover all areas. This is why sometimes there are 3 judges.

3) Judges should haven't friends in the competition.

4) Judges should haven't own tastes or favorite subjects in contests.

5) ANONIMATUS...stupid thing. Everybody know who is who in the shows. Missing Lynx is the showcase before the shows.

And,..... a good judge should haven't doubts about if this one deserve the gold or nothing. You can miss something...but you cannot say this is gold medal and second later...ok...maybe is nothing!!

I remeber some years ago, judging a Mario Eens model in Euro, I Decided give his model a Silver because I thought that this model was not as good as his preview ones, and was not the standard that year. His model was a bit shy in some points, so...I took that decision. It was very SAD to me, because he was my friend, and I was his fan!!! But I needed to give him just silver when he "expect" (and everybody) a gold.

many of his friends were veryyyy disapointed with me, but not Mario, who accepte it very well.

Sometimes, the people think that the awards must FIT with their own imaginations. Sometimes, Judges think exactly the same...and they think the golds must be like they and others expect.

Big MISTAKE.....from ORGANIZATORS, not from these judges. (maybe these judges just should continuing modelling, that's all)

When the judges are the wrong ones, the organizators are the responsables. This is my opinion.

MIG

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Objectively, - Guillem Martí i Pujol on Sep 26, 2011, 8:12 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse