Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Euro Militaire!!

September 22 2011 at 12:28 PM
Andy Taylor  (Login andy_taylor)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 82.38.120.251

Response to Euro Militaire !! EDITED

Hi Mirko
"To get gold is not ONLY talent...you need to sell yourself and your product, knowing the right "people"..its a buissnes and not for senstive artists anymore".

With Reference to your comment above I dont think I adhere to this rule, it is not my business but merely a hobby which the subject I model I am very passionate about. I entered an Afghan T-54 this year and was awarded a Gold medal for my efforts, I dont belong to any "club", use any fancy products, although I am guilty of posting models on the internet...maybe not specifically as you suggest 1 or 2 weeks before the competition. Actually this year I did not post any images of the model anywhere on the net. Over the past few years I have had several articles published in various magazines, and in no way do I think this has influenced any decisions judges may have had in awarding me a Gold this year. I would like to think it was purely down to the attention to detail in the research, build and finish of the model.

A thanks must go to you Mirko for your entries all those years ago, as the class 13 as we know it now [be that good or bad?] would not exist at all in its present form. I hope in no way you take any offence to my comments and continue to post on Missing Lynx. I felt very proud to receive such an accolade at such a prestigious event as Euro Militaire.

Regards
Andy

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Andy - Mirko Bayerl on Sep 22, 2011, 12:48 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse