Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Yes, fairly often...

September 23 2011 at 3:17 PM
Mike Roof  (Login MikeRoof)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 75.104.96.36

Response to Ever had one of those "if only" moments.....

I've had this happen to me quite often, but I usually don't worry over much about it.

First, the final results of my own build are usually as good or better than the latest kit offering.

Second, I enjoy the research and building more than the "having," so for me the "build" is the goal and purpose of the hobby. Once I'm done with a project, it just sits on a shelf and collects dust.

I really don't care if there's a newer and "better" kit released of a particular subject that I've recently finished (or started).

So, even though my latest project might get released in kit form, I don't sweat it. If I have a "do-over" at some later date, I'll use the latest best kit available, and my earlier work usually gives me a head-start since I've done the research and earlier, "harder" build.

I worry more over the latest and best research information that renders an earlier build "out-dated." However, you can only build 'em as good as the available information, though, so even this is little more than a minor anoyance and incentive to build the same subject again at a later date...

For me, it's the model building that's important. You can spend your whole life waiting in fear that as soon as you collect up all the bits and bobs your planned build will be scooped by the latest release, or you can sit down at the work bench and start building.

FWIW, I say you have a USMC M1A1HC waiting for you on your work bench...

Mike

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse