Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Re: Can a competitor see....

September 24 2011 at 4:20 PM
Paul Alderton  (Login paulalderton)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 88.110.106.211

Response to Can a competitor see....

Noel,

I think that what you have suggested would be an excellent idea but I doubt it would ever happen.

Quite a few people have hit the nail on the head in this thread of the problems with Euromilitare as a whole. I didn't attend the show this year choosing instead to spend my money on a trip to Saumur back in June (where my French friends were also complaining about the judges at that show) and I think I made the right choice.

Earlier this week a few of us were in discussion with a clubmate (an excellent modeller) who attended this year and he told us of the talk amongst (other equally excellent) modellers at the show in relation to the judging. None of us were surprised - I heard the same thing from one of the judges (again a top modeller) who was disgusted by the behaviour of some of his fellow judges a couple of years ago, and I also heard Mirko's story about the guy who "always got gold" at the start of this thread.

Euromilitaire is meant to be one of - if not THE - premier military modelling shows in the world but to me it seems that year after year it gets worse with more and more controversy around the quality of the judging. No one is perfect but at least try and get it better. There has to be absolute integrity and open-ness if the show is to get back to what it was.

Medals etc should be awarded to those who deserve them for the quality of their model-making, accuracy, historical correctness, build quality, etc but not for the size of their egos, numbers of articles they have published in magazines or strategic posting of models on Constructive Comments!

Finally, it's interesting (to me anyway) that this only seems to affect the vehicle categories and doesn't seem to be so much of a problem amongst the figure modellers.

Regards,
Paul

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Youre soooooooo wrong.... - Matthew Mifsud on Sep 24, 2011, 4:51 PM
    1. no post - Mirko Bayerl on Sep 24, 2011, 5:09 PM
      1. During some years.... - Miguel Jimenez Mig on Sep 24, 2011, 5:31 PM
        1. My final words - Mirko Bayerl on Sep 25, 2011, 5:06 AM
          1. One thing.... - Michael Karnowka on Sep 25, 2011, 10:19 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse