Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

During some years....

September 24 2011 at 5:31 PM
Miguel Jimenez Mig  (Login Mig_Jimenez)
MODERATORS ONLY - ES
from IP address 95.21.183.205

Response to no post

...I spent all my energies making accurate stuff, models based in photos, and scenes or models as much realistic as possible.
But the show and the awards turn out crazy many times. Sometimes I entried a great model, maybe some of my best and I got nothing, but other of my models in the same edition, which was just **** got medal, incomprensible for me. Well, that example is fruit of the mediocre judges criteria, with no artistic knologements or good background. This can happen in any category. They just choose what they like. And yes...the judges as far as I know ALWAYS choose the best "looking good model", so..they go for the eye-catchers...I means, the most populars or well know models. And also, many of them feel the obligation to give a medal because this or that model is famous.

But in another hand...we talk abut Sci Fi tanks...and I totally agree.

Some ayers ago, Mario Eens won the first GOLD with a paper pazer. So...this was the begining of what Mirko said. Models with not history accurancy, just fantasy. (I entried last year my panther II what if, but was the only way to show it to the public) but I still dissapoinetd with these subjects.
because, if we accept that, next year I will entry a Paolo Parente Dust Walker, or a Warhammer 40.000 tank, and they will be forced to accept these models...right???
Don't get me wrong, I love paper pabnzer, but i know I am doing fansty, or hypotetic histories, and I know it should be in another class.

In the same way, I am happy to see that Scratch build category was divided in 2: painted and unpainted, because to me...an unpainted model is the same kind of FANTASY than a paper panzer tank. If we tray to represent the reality, then, we must paint or models.

But now it is divided in two classes and it is fine.

To me....Euro show is getting lost with judges selection, who can be strict with models entries in the show. And judges are too influenced by what happen in forums or magazines.
But...also the espectator are influenced by what they see here or maggazines!!! caution!

MIG

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. My final words - Mirko Bayerl on Sep 25, 2011, 5:06 AM
    1. One thing.... - Michael Karnowka on Sep 25, 2011, 10:19 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse