Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

One thing....

September 25 2011 at 10:19 AM
Michael Karnowka  (Login MKarnowka)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 24.239.157.26

Response to My final words

...how do the higher ups that are responsible expect decent turn outs in the future if such legitimate grumblings become attached with the show? When I started modelling I'd read Military Modelling magazine and admire the coverage of Euromilitaire, and I always hoped to attend the show, perhaps even participate. I think it would be better to attend ScaleModelWorld or the like instead of Euro now. I don't believe that its outrageous for a modeller to expect a modicum of balance and fairness when submitting their work to be judged.

A few years ago there was the big belly ache that no outside photographers from other magazines were permitted, now the judging issues have been made known for all to take in. Let them keep their show and have things done their way, but from here on in, a participant can only fault themselves for participating in a dynamic that's flawed to put it lightly.

It must be said that through Euro many of us have seen the work of a great many modellers such as MIG, Mirko, Rhodes Williams, Doug Lee and so many others. I hope to perhaps meet many of you in person in the next few years, and perhaps it will be at a forum where the judging isn't considered way in advance of everyone arriving. Regards, and happy modelling, MK

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse