Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

I was lucky..

November 10 2011 at 11:10 AM
Anthony Guarderas  (Login superdope)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 75.56.212.3

Response to I'm teaching a class on "The Unknown History of WWII", any suggestions?

because in my High School one of the history electives was a WW2 class. This was taught by a history teacher who happened to be a Korean war veteran. For me it was such a awesome class I took it two years in a row. He covered as much as he could in the time frame of the semester, but the most important thing that he did in the class was have WW2 veterans come in and talk to us about what they experienced in their respective theatre's. The class as well as our teacher had really no idea what was going to flow out from these veterans. Their stories are something that remains strong to me to this day .
I know that now this might be harder to do with their passings and you might not have the time to do it with the confines of a regular semester. One topic that I had no idea about that I learned in this class was the use of methanphetamines by soldiers and pilots and how this carried over to post war trucking in the U.S.
I hope this helps.
Cheers, Anthony

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. addendem to post elsewhere - Robert E. Potter, Jr. on Nov 10, 11:49 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse