Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Here's my take...

November 17 2011 at 11:47 AM
  (Login dancap3286)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 64.61.77.114

Response to Well....

I have always stood away from magazine articles and that type of stuff just because of the work involved. For 1 my photography skills are pretty bad so that is a killer right off the bat. I've always admired guys that take the time to do all that stuff because it is certainly a process. I certainly do not think they do it to stroke their own egos, I just think it is a labor of love and thank them all for doing it. As for how to articles on building and finishing or internet SBS's I feel the modeller has to have some type of capability here. I have done numerous figure painting seminars and diorama seminars that were literally "HANDS ON" and modellers have gone home and worked for hours and wonder why it does not look the same. Here is where the modeller being somewhat capable comes in. I think that everybody has a certain way to get to that next step or next level and the only way to get there is to develop some techniques on your own. The articles and SBS's are a great stepping stone but at some point the modeller has to work his *** off trying new and different methods to improve his craft. I just believe it is all to do with how much you put in and how daring you are to try some pretty radical stuff that is somewhere off the beaten path at times. Your not going to finish, build or sculpt just from reading articles or how to's but you can create a strong base in which to build your skills from them. I hope this does not sound "matter of fact" because I certainly do not mean it that way. I just believe that hard work that is well thought out will help build your skills.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Agree - Claude Joachim on Nov 18, 5:48 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse