Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Liquid Gun Blue as an Alternative to Blacken-It

January 10 2012 at 2:27 PM
Mike Roof  (Login MikeRoof)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 99.197.145.116

Hi all,

Someone else might have already come upon this, but a recent experiment with Birchwood Casey liquid gun blue solutions, "Super Blue" and "Perma Blue," have shown that both are good alternatives to Blacken-It for coloring Fruil metal tracks.

[linked image]

Rather than re-post and repeat all of the details, here's a link to a thread that I just started on Armorama about it:

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=187174&page=1#1565393

I can't imagine that I'm the first person to ever hit on this, so the credit may well belong to someone else. But if you're lookig for an easy to find and cheaper alternative (at least in the US) to Blacken-It, this stuff works! It's even available at my local Walmart!

Happy Modeling,
Mike

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Liquid Gun Blue - Chuck Willis on Jan 10, 2012, 3:38 PM
  3. Fantastic - thanks Mike! Excellent write up and photos! - Scott G on Jan 10, 2012, 4:00 PM
  5. Save Money, Live Better - Mike Mummey on Jan 10, 2012, 4:01 PM
  7. Liquid Gun Blue - Question - Gregg Gaither on Jan 10, 2012, 7:36 PM
    1. TSP - Joseph R. Zrodlowski on Jan 10, 2012, 10:20 PM
    2. Prep for the chemical coloring - Mike Roof on Jan 11, 2012, 10:07 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse