Worldwide Shipping ratesMarch 22 2012 at 8:58 AM
|Scott Dimmick (Login SEDimmick)|
from IP address 18.104.22.168
I'm curious here...are the shipping rates from China/Hong Kong subsidized at all?
Reason ask is that it seems like the shipping rates are "cheap" from that part of the world, in relation to other parts of the world. According the US Post Office site, a 1 pound package to Hong Kong going first class would cost me $11.60 to ship from the East Coast of the USA, but when I placed an order from Hobby Easy for a couple small things, the shipping cost was only $7.60 or so after exchange rates.
Europe is crazy also...I can't order anything from Germany...Shipping rates are normally 15-20 Euros to start (for the smallest thing), which works out to $26 USD...but yet from the Czech Republic, I can get 4 Blackdog sets sent to me for 7 Euros which is reasonable. Shipping from France (Blast Models) is some what reasonable also....
FedEx from HLJ is stupid fast and fairly reasonable, for the most part if you make a larger $$$ order from them.
Peter Griffin: Any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.
- Austria too... - David Byrden on Mar 22, 2012, 9:30 AM
- Re: Worldwide Shipping rates - Terry Ashley on Mar 22, 2012, 10:13 AM
- It's weird for sure - Pat Stansell on Mar 22, 2012, 11:03 AM
- EMS Mail - Scott Dimmick on Mar 22, 2012, 11:18 AM
- High in the UK - Chris Meddings on Mar 22, 2012, 11:18 AM
- Royal Mail - Scott Dimmick on Mar 22, 2012, 11:22 AM
- US to UK is very expensive - Roger Cockburn on Mar 22, 2012, 12:59 PM
- Royal Mail - Al Bowie on Mar 23, 2012, 6:21 PM
- UK not so bad - Claude Joachim on Mar 23, 2012, 4:09 AM
- Volume? - Ian McPherson on Mar 22, 2012, 5:21 PM
- $12 to ship two bottles of paint from Czech Republic! - Joseph R. Zrodlowski on Mar 22, 2012, 7:12 PM
- Seriously - Chris Meddings on Mar 22, 2012, 10:10 PM
- Seriously? - Joseph R. Zrodlowski on Mar 22, 2012, 11:14 PM
- Re: Seriously? - Chris Meddings on Mar 23, 2012, 12:39 AM
- Re: Seriously? - Joseph R. Zrodlowski on Mar 24, 2012, 12:46 PM
- Ebay Shipping prices - Scott Dimmick on Mar 23, 2012, 12:44 PM
- now your final value fee you pay to ebay is based on sale PLUS shipping - david nickels on Mar 24, 2012, 11:23 AM
- Norway is insane! - Roman Volchenkov on Mar 22, 2012, 8:07 PM
- Aussie pricing - Ian McPherson on Mar 22, 2012, 11:18 PM
- Try Sweden..... - Ron van Wiggen on Mar 24, 2012, 10:51 AM
- Sweden - Frank Glackin on Mar 25, 2012, 7:16 AM
- Try sending a package from Sweden elsewhere.... - Ron van Wiggen on Mar 29, 2012, 10:54 AM
- Germany - Claude Joachim on Mar 23, 2012, 3:54 AM