AMPS International Convention Set Up Volunteers Needed!April 15 2012 at 2:50 PM
|John Charvat (Login john.charvat)|
from IP address 22.214.171.124
Attendees of AMPS 2012,
The Armor Modeling and Preservation Society needs your help to set up the convention site for the International Convention that will start at 6:00pm on Thursday, 26 April. In order to get all of the pieces, parts, tables and chairs in the right place, I will need about 25-30 early arriving show attendees to donate some time and muscle power to set up tables, chairs, and the rest of the equipment to get the Show ready for prime time.
Here is the info:
Location: National Military History Center/ World War II Victory Museum
5634 CR 11-A, Auburn, Indiana 46706, (260) 927-9144
Directions: Exit 126 off Interstate 69, then turn west on County Road 11-A for approximately 1 km - turn right onto the second driveway on the north side to the museum.
Time: Approximately 8:30AM until we are done
Equipment needed: none, although work clothes and possibly gloves are probably in order. If you are a longtime AMPS member, Mr. Mark Corbett, the AMPS Secretary, threw down the gauntlet to see who has the oldest AMPS show t-shirt in wearable shape. No prizes as of now, just bragging rights.
Note: If you cant be there early, please stop by and see if you can lend a hand. I would also like to be able to offer assistance in helping our vendors get their wares moved into the vendor tables, which starts at 1:00PM.
We will periodically asking for assistance throughout the show for assistance in judging, running models and other administrative tasks, so if you cant make it in on Thursday, then you can volunteer during and after the show as Saturday night before the beverages flow and the stories are told, we need to tear it all back down
I hope to see you all on Thursday. 11 days left until the biggest Armor only model show in the Western Hemisphere
AMPS 2012 International Convention Show Chair
- I am not smart, but I can lift heavy things... - Georg Eyerman on Apr 15, 2012, 9:20 PM
- The Few, the Proud...the Strong of Back... - Pat Mooney on Apr 15, 2012, 10:14 PM
- What Gerog said... - Neil Stokes on Apr 15, 2012, 10:36 PM
- Mr. Stansell AND Duct Tape...oh my!!! - Pat Mooney on Apr 15, 2012, 11:21 PM
- My fantasy comes true! - Pat Stansell on Apr 16, 2012, 11:11 AM
- After I woke up screaming... - Neil Stokes on Apr 16, 2012, 1:32 PM
- Awww, cummon Neil, - Georg Eyerman on Apr 16, 2012, 4:53 PM
- On second thought... - Pat Stansell on Apr 17, 2012, 12:25 PM
- Re: On second thought... - Georg Eyerman on Apr 18, 2012, 6:52 AM
- Fantasy granted! - Georg Eyerman on Apr 16, 2012, 4:52 PM