Message posting guidelines:
Full real names must be used at all times.
A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no
larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark
owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
Registration is compulsory
if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups.
For further information, please see the following
Please read our
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your
agreement to the
Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of
Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be
erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in
termination of the violator's account.
pointlessApril 19 2012 at 9:27 PM
|Chris Meddings (Login ChrisDM)|
from IP address 184.108.40.206
Response to Just keeping with the Elefant, . . .
Its pointless talking about the details 'that will be on the kit' no one has seen it yet
How you know the tools will be moulded on? They weren't molded on to the body on the Matilda but were seperate. The clamps straps were moulded onto the tools, but then they were on the recent 'market leader's' stug III I just built too
As or tge grab handles, DML moulds solid grab handles onto their Sherman engine deck. I don't recall anyone claiming their moulds are 1970s in quality based on that
Tamiya ae a little simpler, but 99% of the simplifications are things most people would change anyway. How many people replace grab handles with wire or rod? How many sets of tool clamps do Aber, Voyager etc sell to people building DML kits? A lot I imagine, because people like PE clamps
the fact is there is not so much more work in uprading the detail on a tamiya kit than there is on any other kit. A bit more sure, but not a huge amount, and when the base kit is so much more of a pleasure to build it makes the task that much less of a big deal
- The point is clearer if the post is read thoroughly. - Kurt_Laughlin on Apr 19, 2012, 11:19 PM
- Re: The point is clearer if the post is read thoroughly. - Chris Meddings on Apr 20, 2012, 12:33 AM
- Apparently you didn't . . . - Kurt Laughlin on Apr 20, 2012, 9:43 AM
- ok, obviously I'm just stupid - Chris Meddings on Apr 20, 2012, 10:25 AM
- Well, if that's what you want to go with. - Kurt Laughlin on Apr 21, 2012, 12:02 AM
- Kurt this may surprise you - Chris Meddings on Apr 23, 2012, 2:51 AM