Message posting guidelines:
Full real names must be used at all times.
A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no
larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark
owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
Registration is compulsory
if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups.
For further information, please see the following
Please read our
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your
agreement to the
Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of
Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be
erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in
termination of the violator's account.
Years in the hobby...May 2 2012 at 7:30 AM
|Frank Michaels (Login FS1)|
from IP address 126.96.36.199
Response to AMPS Skill levels
I wouldn't think the number of years a person is active in the hobby nor the amount of models built in any given year are a standard to apply to skill level. In theory one's skill level should improve with experience, but that is not always the case. This coming from a diorama builder, as I have never entered a show with a just a lone model to display.
- I have never entered at AMPS - Bob Carvo on May 2, 2012, 9:00 AM
- Attend the show and ask - Brock Hopkins III on May 2, 2012, 9:49 AM
- Not a standard, just suggested "common ground"... - Mike Roof on May 2, 2012, 10:53 AM
- One other thing. - Brock Hopkins III on May 2, 2012, 2:33 PM
- Except for..... - James Guld on May 6, 2012, 6:13 PM