Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Open topped vehicles

May 9 2012 at 9:49 AM
roy chow  (Login roy_chow)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 192.172.14.69

Response to Kits you never see finished?

I just got through a run of several US M3 half-track derivatives. I can tell you that any single one of them required much more work than a tank subject. The reason is that half-tracks or your Sdkfz 234s with open tops requires practically every single surface to be built and detailed and painted -- unlike the "shell" you'd have to detail and build for say, the Tamiya Hetzer or a Tasca M4A3 tank.

At least this is my theory. For a recovery from my half-tracks, I'm plodding through the Tamiya Matilda -- nice and relatively care-free!

Roy Chow
AMPS President
http://www.amps-armor.org

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Are there seldom-seen close- topped vehicles too? - Mike Duguay on May 9, 2012, 11:47 AM
    1. M113s - Mark Aldrich on May 9, 2012, 12:54 PM
      1. yeah, plenty of 113's on the shelves of shame here too - Mike Duguay on May 9, 2012, 6:43 PM
      2. Re: M113s - Rob Gronovius on May 9, 2012, 9:32 PM
        1. But you were part of the problem .. - Mike Duguay on May 10, 2012, 11:09 AM
          1. I could probably stand next to you in a line at the DMV - Rob Gronovius on May 10, 2012, 12:26 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse