Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Have you built the easybuilds?

June 10 2012 at 10:20 AM
Mike Duguay  (Login mld)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 70.20.38.162

Response to A suggestion for reviewers and commentators

I have a few hanging in the classroom ceiling timeline of powered flight (ok, so it's an excuse the hang planes I think look cool from my classroom ceiling, shhhh don't tell the principal.)

They're a pretty mixed bag, some nice surface detail, some incredibly heavy-handed, a couple with odd swirls/texture in the plastic.
Some fit like a dream wing roots disappearing into nothingness, some need a LOT of TLC even to hang from a classroom ceiling.
For me, the big plus is that the gear doors FIT into place for wheels up display.
For the most part, that F-86 is a pound of putty and a ton of swearing.. or was it the Mig 15..

Point is, I've finished more of those kits this last year than any other manugacturer/line.
yeah, with a kit collection in the hundreds, with 50+ kits 'in-progress', I finished more easy builder 1/72 planes than anything else last year.

They're fun, you remember fun. Tube of glue, square bottle testors, white-handled black-bristled brush and MAYBE an emery board.. maybe.

I like the kits overall, I love the price and they do exactly what they are advertised as build quickly and easily.
I'm just not sure of that would carry over to our market.
But if they were fun, maybe it would.

I'll tell you what is not fun, sucking the joy right out of the build... 268 individual HANDED yeah, they're two sided one with detail and one without, so you can put them on wrong...guide horns for the hobby Boss 1/35 Leopard Vk 1602 recee tank.

The trumpy stug/jadg E100 will blow right past that one, 10-12 guide horns a sitting, tweezer launches and crawling around looking for tiny bits agains a dark floor, versus actually making progress on a model..

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse