Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

I have a question about airbrushing............

June 18 2012 at 9:50 PM
Ron Hetherington  (Login veezerboy)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 130.76.64.118

I use an HP-C with a .2 needle, I had it converted guts and all, anyway when I sprayed my camo on, I got a lot of overspray. Before I applied it, I was using a test model and played with the paint and air presure and could not get it to spray without the overspray spotting, so I said screw it with the hopes of the weathering fading most of it in.

Anyway I used Tamiya thinned with Tamiya lacquer thinner. Now I was under the impression that it should be "milkish" in body, but should it have been thinned even more?? Air pressure was tried from 10 to 25 psi but I settled on 15 because either pressure did not clear up the issue. I thought that maybe the needle was bent, so I put in a new one and that did not work.

As far back as I can remember, I have always had this issue, but just can't seem to get it straight, even after watching a Mig/Adam dvd.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and found the fix?? Maybe I have to go back the the .3 needle. I did the .2 just for camo. Or maybe purchase a newer model gun.

THANKS!!!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thin your paint more, and turn the PSI down... - Scott Gentry on Jun 18, 2012, 10:07 PM
  3. Thinner paint and less psi - Brian Cavet on Jun 20, 2012, 11:35 AM
    1. Thanks guys!! I thought I was thin enough. YES Big Bang is outstanding.....nt - Ron Hetherington on Jun 20, 2012, 7:54 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse