Message posting guidelines:
Full real names must be used at all times.
A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no
larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark
owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
Registration is compulsory
if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups.
For further information, please see the following
Please read our
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your
agreement to the
Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of
Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be
erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in
termination of the violator's account.
Tackling a complex kit.June 27 2012 at 11:28 AM
|Owen R Auer (Login mailman7777777)|
from IP address 18.104.22.168
Need some opinions on building a fairly complex kit.
I'm talking about the Hobbyboss M1070. But it pertains to any kit really.
1. Paint the pieces on the sprues? This would make gluing difficult since I would have to remove paint before gluing. I have done this before though, You would only need to touch up paint later.
2. Build and paint in sub-assemblies. This would take much longer for the build and you'd still need to glue pieces later.
3. Assemble the entire kit and paint later. But then you'd really have a tough job getting paint to those out-of-the -way areas.
4. Build an Aurora monster kit and hand paint it.(My front porch, early 60's)
I'm leaning towards option 4.
Inquiring minds want to know....
- Build it all... - Gino P. Quintiliani on Jun 27, 2012, 12:01 PM
- Re: Tackling a complex kit. - Dave Manter on Jun 27, 2012, 12:19 PM
- Black wire ducting - Owen R Auer on Jun 29, 2012, 12:09 AM
- Black wire ducting - Owen R Auer on Jun 29, 2012, 12:11 AM
- Now, that's a good queston Owen!! - Shane Gowan on Jun 29, 2012, 6:25 AM
- Might just be better to replace it - david nickels on Jun 29, 2012, 7:53 AM
- Or try what Malc did - Shane Gowan on Jun 29, 2012, 5:20 PM
- No different than pretty much any other kit - david nickels on Jun 27, 2012, 2:41 PM
- Thanks - Owen R Auer on Jun 27, 2012, 6:12 PM