Message posting guidelines:
Full real names must be used at all times.
A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no
larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark
owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
Registration is compulsory
if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups.
For further information, please see the following
Please read our
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your
agreement to the
Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of
Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be
erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in
termination of the violator's account.
Orgin of the term 'stump' for washes?July 19 2012 at 5:33 PM
|Mike Duguay (Login mld)|
from IP address 184.108.40.206
Loving the new weathering magazine and the AK weathering dvd, but where did the term "stump" come from?
I'd never heard it outside modeling books/articles before. Not a difficult concept to understand, but an odd word choice.
Is this some technical art school thing, or did they just make it up? -grin-
who shoulda paid more attention in art appreciation 101
|This message has been edited by mld from IP address 220.127.116.11 on Jul 22, 2012 9:21 AM|
- Blending tool.... - Jon Greenwood on Jul 19, 2012, 6:04 PM
- funny, they use that tool too... but don't call it that. - Mike Duguay on Jul 19, 2012, 7:11 PM
- Blend versus stump - Miguel Jimenez Mig on Jul 20, 2012, 6:03 AM
- fade? - Graeme Davidson on Jul 20, 2012, 6:34 PM
- Colour diffusion would be a better term..... I think - Luke (stumpy) Pitt on Jul 20, 2012, 7:22 PM
- I don't think that would make sense in this context - Jamie Haggo on Jul 21, 2012, 4:47 AM
- Yes ...I see your point - Luke Pitt on Jul 21, 2012, 7:17 PM
- by definition... - Ken Abrams on Jul 21, 2012, 11:11 AM
- stump as a verb though? - Graeme on Jul 22, 2012, 7:23 AM
- Well, in the first sentence - Ken Abrams on Jul 22, 2012, 9:25 AM
- learn something new today - Graeme Davidson on Jul 23, 2012, 6:54 PM