Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Orgin of the term 'stump' for washes?

July 19 2012 at 5:33 PM
  (Login mld)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 70.16.203.237

Loving the new weathering magazine and the AK weathering dvd, but where did the term "stump" come from?
I'd never heard it outside modeling books/articles before. Not a difficult concept to understand, but an odd word choice.
Is this some technical art school thing, or did they just make it up? -grin-

Mike
who shoulda paid more attention in art appreciation 101

This message has been edited by mld from IP address 70.16.203.237 on Jul 22, 2012 9:21 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Blending tool.... - Jon Greenwood on Jul 19, 6:04 PM
    1. funny, they use that tool too... but don't call it that. - Mike Duguay on Jul 19, 7:11 PM

2. Blend versus stump - Miguel Jimenez Mig on Jul 20, 6:03 AM
    1. fade? - Graeme Davidson on Jul 20, 6:34 PM
    2. Colour diffusion would be a better term..... I think - Luke (stumpy) Pitt on Jul 20, 7:22 PM
      1. I don't think that would make sense in this context - Jamie Haggo on Jul 21, 4:47 AM
        1. Yes ...I see your point - Luke Pitt on Jul 21, 7:17 PM

3. by definition... - Ken Abrams on Jul 21, 11:11 AM
    1. stump as a verb though? - Graeme on Jul 22, 7:23 AM
      1. Well, in the first sentence - Ken Abrams on Jul 22, 9:25 AM
        1. learn something new today - Graeme Davidson on Jul 23, 6:54 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse