Attention armor modelers,
There are just over 5 weeks before the largest gathering of armor modelers, enthusiasts and vendors in one place in 2017. Yes, that's right; the AMPS 2017 International Show in Danbury, CT April 20-22, 2017. Unless you are a fast builder, you don't have that much time to finish up you weathering, mount that build onto a base or have your club friends inspect your build before the big show. If you are a fast builder or plan to finish building and painting in your hotel room Friday night, then you've got plenty of time, but just remember to bring the silent air compressor. Regardless of when you finish your projects for the show, this is one you don't want to miss.
So, here's why you don't want to miss this show:
- it will have the largest display of armor, artillery and soft skins in one place. Whether you need a plastic 'fix' or seem to be in a rut and need some inspiration for that next build, the AMPS 2017 show will have it. Vehicles, figures, dioramas and vignettes ranging from the Great War to present day, will be present and accounted for at the show.
- it will have the largest concentration of vendors appealing to armor modelers. So, if there's something on your shopping list, this is the shopping mall to shop till you drop. Great way to see models and other products in person. Plus you can save on shipping and handling fees and in many cases, the vendors are selling some items at discount prices.
- it will have some of the best armor-related seminars you will encounter and stuff you can actually use. Model enthusiasts, authors and experts will be among the seminar presenters with a host of topics to choose from. Noted authors will be presenting alongside modelers whose skills and years of experience will just leave you in awe with their skills and share them with the attendees.
- it will have the 'killer' AMPS International Show raffle with a host of great things to be won ranging from kits to tools to aftermarket to reference material. And the best part, is purchasing raffle tickets directly supports the society.
- visit the Military Museum of Southern New England located a few miles from the AMPS show site with opportunities to take plenty of pics and climb on and around vehicles on display. Visit their homepage athttp://www.usmilitarymuseum.org/
to see the list of over 45 vehicles, artillery and support vehicles on display.
- meet up with friends and make new ones in the company of armor modelers and enthusiasts for the whole weekend.
Visit the AMPS homepage at amps-armor.org and check out the seminar topic schedule, the list of vendors attending this year's show and breaking news on show updates. And while you are on the site, don't forget to book that hotel room at the Crowne Plaza hotel, Danbury..and pre-register your model entries for the show.
Till the next announcement,
AMPS Public Information Officer