Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Looking for a Lot of Good Judges – Really Need Help

April 16 2017 at 8:40 PM
Mike Petty  (Login MikePetty)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 24.153.56.168

Pre-registration closed on 13 April 2017 and this year it looks like we are going to have a lot of entries. We have 93 entrants and approximately 335 models entered so far. Looking at pre-registration history since 2010 this is the 4th largest number of models coming into this event. Comparing these numbers with previous AMPS International Conventions and the number of hotel room nights booked I believe we are going to have a very big event.

It's no secret the AMPS judging system needs a large numbers of judges to evaluate the entries as the show is occurring. Your experiences at judging models ranging from beginner to advanced skill level will make you a better modeler. You will also leave the convention with a highly coveted AMPS Crew T-shirt, suitable for creating jealousy among your modeling buddies.

I’m looking to fill the Thursday evening shift (20 April 2017, 6:00-8:00 PM) and all Friday shifts as soon as possible as we are expecting a large inflow of entries. Specifically, I need seven more judges to have six judging tables running for the Thursday night judging shift. In addition, I need a bunch of runners and judges to fill out the remaining shifts on Friday and Saturday. Please consider donating some of your time to be a judge or runner.

We are also looking for diorama/vignette judges for Friday and Saturday. If you’ve not judged these categories before, we’ll be offering a training session on 21 April 2017 at 8:00 AM location TBD.

This year, we are signing up judges through the AMPS web-site. This scheduling feature allows you to sign-up for the judging shifts you’d like by simply going to the show registration function athttp://amps-armor.org/SiteShows/Registration/JudgesSignup.aspx.

Please contact me at: tanker@va.metrocast.net or through the AMPS web-site at:http://amps-armor.org/SiteMain/AboutAMPS.aspx#Executive if you have any questions about judging.

I’m really excited about the response to this year’s AMPS International Convention. See you in Danbury.

Mike Petty
AMPS
Chief Judge
2nd VP, South Region

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse