David Doyle buys Ampersand website and inventoryJune 9 2017 at 10:20 PM
|David Doyle (Login DDoyle)|
from IP address 188.8.131.52
On 9 June 2017 an agreement was executed whereby Denise and I acquired the Ampersand website as well as the remaining inventory of Ampersand Publishing Company. Ampersand founder Pat Stansell along with Denise and I entered into this arrangement in order to provide a mechanism which will allow many of these quality products to remain available. Although the existing inventory of Visual History, Allied-Axis and MMiR was included in the purchase, the arrangement does NOT include future publishing rights for Military Miniatures in Review.
The Ampersand Publishing website will remain operational, and indeed many previously out of print publications are once again available. Moving ahead, orders for these publications will be shipped from Tennessee, rather than Florida.
Both the DavidDoyleBooks.com domain and the ampersandpubco.com domain remain operational. However, it will take a while to fully integrate the products and policies.
For example – back issues of Allied-Axis and MMiR are on the Ampersand site, but not on the DavidDoyleBooks.com website. Conversely, books I’ve written for several other publishers (including some exciting new titles) are on the DavidDoyleBooks.com website, but not the Ampersand site.
So, to get the selection of titles you want, placing two separate orders is the best way to go. This will result in the systems charging you double shipping. I recognize this, but for the time being, the best I can do is to refund you the shipping overcharge within 24 hours (usually MUCH less than that). Similarly, we’re also applying our DavidDoyleBooks.com policy of free US shipping on orders of three or more items to Ampersand orders as well. BUT….I’ve not figured out exactly how to do that – so in the interim, once again, customers will be overcharged – but again, I’ll gladly refund the overcharge within 24 hours.
I hope that everyone will understand I am a better military vehicle author than webmaster, and will be patient as Denise and I work through this.
|This message has been edited by DDoyle from IP address 184.108.40.206 on Jun 10, 2017 12:37 AM|
- Congratulations! - Randy Canova on Jun 10, 2017, 2:03 AM
- Oh well... - Frank Michaels on Jun 10, 2017, 9:27 AM
- mmir - rick emrick on Jun 11, 2017, 1:25 PM
- Yes, I agree... - Mike Fuller on Jun 12, 2017, 3:04 AM
- It is no more - announced on Facebook by Pat - Aaron Kuck on Jun 12, 2017, 4:54 PM
- MMiR - Brad Belsheim on Jun 13, 2017, 5:13 PM
- Everything is negotiable, they say. - Kurt Laughlin on Jun 13, 2017, 8:11 PM
- MMiR - David Doyle on Jun 13, 2017, 11:54 PM
- It needed an overhaul anyway - David Nickels on Jun 14, 2017, 9:01 AM
- Print Media Simply Can't Keep Up in Regards to... - Mike Roof on Jun 14, 2017, 10:26 AM
- My thoughts exactly - Rob Gronovius on Jun 20, 2017, 10:26 AM
- New venture - Frank Blanton on Jun 13, 2017, 7:21 AM
- Son of Sherman - Ian Howes on Jun 13, 2017, 8:39 AM