Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Pin Wash Questions

November 25 2017 at 6:09 PM
Paul Marshall  (Login plmmm)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 50.27.220.197

I always end up with an obvious "stain" any time i try to pin wash around a raised bolt, hatch etc. Then i use a soft brush with clean thinner to try to remove it and i end up with an even bigger "stain." I use Weber Turpenoid and Winsor Newton oils. Anything out there better? Any suggestions? Should i have a gloss coat over the base colors? Should i try the MIG and AMMO products? I'm just ready to try something different. Thanks guys.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Try using... - Mike Roof on Nov 25, 2017, 6:38 PM
  3. I've found - Eric McClure on Nov 25, 2017, 7:29 PM
  5. Pin Washes - John Tapsell on Nov 26, 2017, 5:07 AM
  7. Thanks guys - Paul Marshall on Nov 27, 2017, 11:32 AM
  9. Try reducing the brush size... - Michael Rinaldi on Dec 5, 2017, 10:35 PM
    1. Good to hear from one of my favorite modelers - Paul Marshall on Dec 7, 2017, 11:15 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse