Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Painting Dragon MagicTracks

March 6 2018 at 3:22 PM
Matt  (Login Kriegmeister23)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address

I'm seeking advice for painting the Dragon "Magic Track" individual track links. Personally, I prefer to paint tracks and running gear separately because it allows me to do a more thorough job. The tracks don't get in the way of painting the rubber on the bogeys and vice versa, I can paint all wheels and rollers etc separately... I'm sure you all know the benefits Does anyone have any advice as to a better way to install these tracks? It looks as though they need to be assembled in place in order for each length to be formed correctly. I imagine that building them up in lengths without getting cement on the rollers, sprockets and wheel would be near impossible. This is my first kick at these. I've worked with Fruil tracks before and love them, but those can be pinned and installed last. Are the "Magic Tracks" worth the trouble, or the standard practice to just paint the whole tank with the tracks attached? Just seeking for a better way. I'd really like to give the kit tracks a shot as; they look fine as is, and Fruil tracks aren't cheap.

I look forward to learning from all your experiences with these.

This message has been edited by Kriegmeister23 from IP address on Mar 6, 2018 3:23 PM

Respond to this message   

1. Personally, I just glue them all on - David Nickels on Mar 6, 2018, 4:52 PM
  3. Re: Painting Dragon MagicTracks - Tom Cockle on Mar 7, 2018, 12:53 PM
  5. My way... - Gino P. Quintiliani on Mar 8, 2018, 9:41 AM
  7. I haven't actually tried this... - Steve Dowty on Mar 10, 2018, 6:22 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse