Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Questions regarding 3D printing

March 10 2018 at 2:49 PM
Steve Dowty  (Login MtnExile)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address

I'd like to try out making my own figures and details through 3D printing (especially figures, since most commercial figures look like toys compared to the precision and detail of vehicles). I've never done this before, but I'm fairly conversant with design software like Photoshop, and willing to pick up the skills necessary -- plus, I think in my case it would be the easier path compared to traditional sculpting. What I'd like to find out, from anyone who has experience in this field, are two things:

1. What 3D design program would you recommend, and why (must run on Mac); and

2. What service would you recommend for the final output?

Respond to this message   

1. to get you started - Niels Henkemans on Mar 10, 2018, 5:31 PM
    1. Thanks, Niels - Steve Dowty on Mar 10, 2018, 6:06 PM
      1. Sorftware - BJ DeBekker on Mar 10, 2018, 7:08 PM
  2. it's a big step t go 3D... - Jack Geratic on Mar 11, 2018, 12:09 PM
  4. I'd love to read the folks at Alpine, Evolution, Stalingrad and many others think - Alan Mckenzie on Mar 11, 2018, 7:08 PM
    1. Actually... - Steve Dowty on Mar 12, 2018, 8:10 AM
      1. Well - Jeremy Connaughton on Mar 13, 2018, 8:09 AM
  5. Thanks to everyone for the input - Steve Dowty on Mar 13, 2018, 9:56 PM
    1. Good luck - Niels Henkemans on Mar 14, 2018, 11:15 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse