Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Just seen 'Dunkirk' film at an IMAX...

March 10 2018 at 4:29 PM
Andrew Tomlinson  (Login AndrewTomlinson)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address

It's a true soldier's / airman's tale, very gritty, realistic, and a sheer experience. It's certainly not a barrel of laughs, but was totally engaging. Incredibly filmed, the music by Hans Zimmer is overwhelmingly brilliant with a touch of Elgar to be heard.

I'm not mentioning the lack of historical background (or whom they were actually fighting).
But it's more the story of survival of a group of men. Certainly food for thought.

Definitely a ride of a film. Proud to be British too...

And how the aerial shooting happened -

This message has been edited by AndrewTomlinson from IP address on Mar 10, 2018 6:02 PM

Respond to this message   

1. You Brits... - Steve Dowty on Mar 10, 2018, 5:11 PM
    1. Agreed - also wait for the new Pegasus Bridge film... - Andrew Tomlinson on Mar 10, 2018, 5:38 PM
  2. In My Opinion... - Mike Roof on Mar 10, 2018, 7:37 PM
    1. I was also underwhelmed by the film - Robert Lockie on Mar 11, 2018, 12:29 PM
    2. I liked it, but not that much - Rob Gronovius on Mar 11, 2018, 6:01 PM
    3. Re: In My Opinion... - Andrew deeley on Mar 12, 2018, 5:15 AM
      1. The BBC did... - Mike Roof on Mar 12, 2018, 7:41 PM
        1. BBC - Andrew deeley on Mar 13, 2018, 3:52 AM
  3. Good, but not great! - Herve Charbonneau on Mar 12, 2018, 8:08 PM
  5. Very dissappointed - Javier de Luelmo on Mar 14, 2018, 5:54 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse