Home > Discussion Groups > General

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Easy innovation for instructions

July 23 2012 at 9:15 PM
David Bourland  (Login DavidBourland)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 75.34.100.86

I wish each step of the instructions would tell me what sprue were used in that step.

I don't have the work space to layout all sprue, but I could layout two or three.

I could do it myself and I will try on my next project but it would be so easy for a company.

Anyone else like the idea? Have other ideas about better instructions.

Thanks,
David

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login AndrewTomlinson2)
Missing-Lynx members

Sprues and numbers ! Great idea !

July 23 2012, 9:52 PM 

Hi
Also, if all sprues were mapped on the instruction sheet AND big enough to read - for us oldies - that would help !

Some mnfrs do already. But Miniart figs are bad at it - they don't even number the parts on the sprue! Argh.

Cheers
Andrew

Respond to this message   

(Login rgronovius)
Missing-Lynx members

Sounds like old Testors kits

July 24 2012, 10:07 AM 

the yellow box ones from the 1980s. They labeled the sprues with a symbol in the instructions, usually a circle, square and a triangle on a cut out page. Then when you built the kit, it listed part 12 triangle, you knew what sprue it was from.

Tamiya and Dragon both use a letter to call out the sprues.

RobG

Respond to this message   

(Login zappa93)
Missing-Lynx members

I always thought it would be nice...

July 24 2012, 5:48 PM 

...if the reference source for markings and painting info was noted on the kit instruction's painting guide.

Book title, author, publisher, ISBN and page (or web-site address) would be very helpful. It is very likely the manufacturers know where they got their info, so why not share and make it all-the-more-easier for modlers to confirm?

Many after-market decal manufacturers (Archer, Bison and Echelon come to mind) provide such info as an aid to their customers.

Frank

delete abwehr 2x from email

visit frankdesisto.com

(edited for typo's)

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Easy innovation for instructions
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse