Home > Discussion Groups > Figures

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47212&messageid=1113823220
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Yes, the name Leopoldville is on the picture.

October 29 2010 at 5:08 PM
  (Login J.Clifford)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 192.231.71.2

Response to Puzzle

My wife and I are friends with a woman who's father was on the ship. The first time I had heard of this was when she talked about her "daddy" and some of his friends from the war who got together to remember the night the ship was sunk. His rescue is mentioned specifically in "A Night Before Christmas" which was published in 1963, an interesting read considering that at that point in time the whole incident was still being denied.

I have had the pleasure of worshipping with him on Christmas eve several time since we first met his daughter. When I told him that I had read the book, he became quite friendly and talkative. I think that having someone come up to him and mention that they knew that he had been through an ordeal like that made him feel that he had found a sympathetic ear, as indeed he had. It is well known that a lot of soldiers didn't talk about the war because EVERYONE had been through it and the general feeling was that no man was more special than anyone else, everyone had gone through it. But imagine being Mr. Davies and not only feeling like no one wanted to hear, but that he wasn't supposed to talk about it, either.

Mr. Davies was a pharmacist after the war. He remained in good health until last Christmas tide, when he had a stroke and the docs thought he was not going to make it. But he rallied and got over it pretty much, and other than his eyesight in one eye being affected, he's independent again.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I didn't even notice that. - Brock Hopkins III on Oct 29, 7:14 PM
    1. Yep. - Cliff Leverette on Nov 4, 12:08 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse