Home > Discussion Groups > Figures

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47212&messageid=1113823220
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

First figure

June 27 2012 at 8:14 PM
william carls  (Login mr_treadwell)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 76.23.235.186

Hi guys : )
This is my humble first real attempt at paintinig a figure. He is a 120 mm Tamiya Sherman commander that came with the kit I built a couple of years ago. He is pretty good, but not the quality of moulding you would find in a nice resin figure.
He is a W.I.P. ... A testbed of sorts so nothing is written in stone. I have all ready stripped him twice with brake fluid . I may strip him again... I don't know yet.... I just wanted to share what I've been trying to do and get some input.
The figure is painted in all acrylics; Vallejo and Model Master. In some early shots, the head and neck is not yet molded to the torso..
The final picture is how it looks now... in some of the pictures in the set he has a mist of 'Future' gloss on his face...I finished in matte...
The inside of the commanders hatch has to be detailed ; I am working on building the periscope,periscope mount and locking mechanisms also
Like I said, a first attempt .... input appreciated.
thanks,
william

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Outstanding work, William! - David E. O'Hara on Jun 28, 2012, 7:09 PM
    1. Thank you Dave - william carls on Jun 28, 2012, 9:08 PM

2. Wow thats good... - Dan Capuano on Jun 30, 2012, 12:37 AM
    1. re: Wow - william carls on Jun 30, 2012, 3:37 PM

3. First attempt you say? Mighty fine bud! - Jerry Rutman on Jun 30, 2012, 9:59 AM
    1. re: first attempt - william carls on Jun 30, 2012, 3:32 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse