Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions
of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased,
and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination
of the violator's account.
Why can't Dragon make crew figures that actually fit
July 25 2012 at 8:55 AM
(Login djnick66) Missing-Lynx members from IP address 220.127.116.11
What they are supposed to fit in/on !?!? I bought Dragon's Flakvierling 20mm AA gun specifically because it included a crew. Unlike a lot of Dragon kits that include an infantry set and some new arms to make a crew, this is a new, dedicated set of gun crew figures.
Still, the gunner just does not fit the gun! Problems are
1) the feet are too wide to fit into the lower area of the gun where the gunner's pedals are located
2) feet are at the wrong angle to fit the pedals which means the figure doesn't fit as deep into the gun
3) knees/hips too wide so they do not fit between the two knee guards on the sides of the gun
4) back/butt does not fit well in the gunner's seat unless you glue the seat at an angle
5) left arm needs to be rotated outward a few millimeters to engage the top hand wheel.
6) gunner's left shoulder hits the sight arm on the gun
7) gunner does not sit centered (probably because of the poor fit in other areas)
It is disappointing too that for a crew serviced weapon, the kit crew aside from the gunner aren't doing anything. Only one of the two ammo handlers is seated and neither of the two handlers can be built holding the ammo clips. One guy is just sitting with his hands on his thighs doing nothing, and the other two are dramatically pointing.
If they were not in winter outfits, I'd use the old Tamiya Flakvierling crew. At least those guys are actually doing something.