Home > Discussion Groups > Figures

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47212&messageid=1113823220
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

any interest in 1/6 scale figures?

February 9 2010 at 9:26 AM
Tim Sloan  (Login panzercreations)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 76.17.78.189

Just curious if anyone would be interested in 1/6th scale historical figures? Full figures, not busts.. depending on what it is, perhaps in the $100-$175 USD range. Tank commanders..infantry... or older historical? perhaps known characters Lincoln, Washington..Rommel.. Patton..just trying to get a feel for interest.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jason Burch
(Login jburch)
Missing-Lynx members

Just my opinion

February 9 2010, 8:07 PM 

Hi Tim,
I have a lot of large (120mm,1/16 scale and larger)resin figures. For me, 1/6 scale is just too large for anything other than busts. I would also be surprised that you could keep them in that price range. I have some recent 1/9 figs and their price tag is at or above the $100 mark. I have a Warriors 1/6 Pirate bust, and a full 1/6 Maximus figure, and they are very cumbersome to work with. Personally, I would like to see some new full 1/9 figures of Romans, American Revolutionary War (both Continentals and British) WWI German Stormtroopers, and perhaps a Spartan. I would also like to see someone resurrect the 1/12 range of figs like the ones Kirin did at one time. For my money, 1/12th is the perfect balance of size and detail.I can't see me buying a 1/6 fig unless it was uber awesome, and still in that price range you mentioned.
HTH
Jason

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - any interest in 1/6 scale figures?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse