Return to Index  

Consequences for disobedience?

August 23 2006 at 9:38 AM
No score for this post
Michele in Maryland  (Login micheleb2)

So, this morning I caught the 8-yo with his Pokemon cards at daycare despite being told that he could NOT take them (the reason being that the older kids tend to find ways to "win" the cards from him).

I took them away, but now need to come up with an appropriate punishment for not doing what he was told. I rarely catch the kids in this behavior, and we will of course have a long talk about how I need to trust him to do what I ask even when he doesn't want to, but to make it sink in, I really have to have some other consequence.

I was thinking of loss of electronics for 2 days...no GameBoy, no TV, no computer, no PlayStation. Books, card games, puzzles, playing outside, etc. would still be OK.

Is this reasonable? I don't think I should let him off the hook completely, but I also don't want to be too hard on him.

Michele 44, DH46, DD10, DS8, DS 18 mo
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Yes, take a way the really fun stuff, but not his activity. (m) - Deb Roa on Aug 23, 10:14 AM
  3. Hi Michele! - Gini on Aug 23, 12:47 PM
    1. a small monkey wrench - Michele in Maryland on Aug 23, 1:18 PM
      1. Oh MY! Sounds like my two. (m) - Deb Roa on Aug 23, 1:52 PM
      2. Hmmm, I think you are handling it perfectly. - Mary Ann on Aug 23, 10:18 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement