<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hi, girls! (new, intro, child death ment.)

March 12 2007 at 9:29 PM
No score for this post
  (no login)

Wow, fast-moving bb, huh? I don't know if I can keep up!

I co-moderate the high fsh playgroup and found one of Mary Ann's other boards about 6 years ago. I have a son who will be 5 in June (Keiki) and lost my first, Olivia, 3 weeks after she was born in 99.

Anyway, I need to be able to "talk" to btdt moms now and then so I'm really glad y'all are here. I look forward to getting to know you.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Patricia-k
(no login)

Re: Hi, girls! (new, intro, child death ment.)

No score for this post
March 13 2007, 12:17 PM 

Hello Konni

welcome!

I usually lurk in the over 40/high fsh board, but do love visiting here and learning from other moms with school aged kids.

It is quieter tahn other boards, since I guess parenting takes much time.

(I am deeply sorry about your angel.)

i too, have a dd who will be 5 next july. Is yours enrolled in preschool already?

Hoping to hear from you,

Hugs,
Patricia

(Premier Login goldiescholar)

Thank you!

No score for this post
March 21 2007, 6:18 AM 

Yes, DS has been going to preschool since he was 1yo. I'm noticing that all of the parents are very feaked out about 5k, though. Where we live, the public school choices are not great, so some kids from the class might stay with the preschool one more year. We're worried they might get behind, but some parents want to try again for the public Montessori, and others are worried about the disciplinary problems in the schools where they're zoned. Are you feeling good about DD's 5k, or are you waiting?

Patricia-K
(no login)

Re: Thank you!

No score for this post
March 21 2007, 10:32 AM 

Dear Konni,

Thnaks so much for answering!

Actualy we faced kind of the same dilemmas you are facing now.

I would have loved to leave her in her acutal preschool but after weeks of going back and forth in our decision making we finally enrolled her in a school with grades from pk-12th.( we live in the Caribbean and it's a bit different here, this school has an extensive waiting list if we had waited for 1st grade she might not have gotten in.)

I wish you luck with your decision, but again, if you are happy with his current school you might want to let him do Kinder there. Maybe checking the school's objectives for k are would help you see if they comply with the other school's.

(It wasn't that complicated for our parents I guess.)

Wishing you well,

Hugs,

Patricia

Well, the feeling is

No score for this post
April 4 2007, 10:18 AM 

that the 5k at our preschool is not going to prepare the kids. Most parents who use it have kids with birthdays after the cut-off. Often, they do 5k again the following year at the "real" school.

MaryAnn
(no login)

Hey Konni welcome!!!

No score for this post
March 13 2007, 3:38 PM 

Yeah this board does move a bit slower. I think it is because we are all running around doing so many different things with our older kiddies. This past weekend was an example of my no longer existent life! LOL! We had to travel to a Basketball playoff game. Of course we also had to run around and go shopping for new shoes for Easter for both kiddies. Then on Sunday after having an early morning conference call (DST stuff I work in IT) I had to run off to church, then to the food store. My dh was working with Becca on her science project. They had to make a model of the solar system. Then I had to make cupcakes, frost them and head off to her end of the season swim team party. UGH!!! My dh stayed home with my little one who came down with a lovely cold. We got home at 9:30 pm. I was so tired especially since we "lost" an hour of sleep!!! Oh well the good news is that basketball is over with and swimming will just be clinics until next September when the year starts up again with swim meets. I'm proud of Becca she placed second several times and also placed third a few times in her first year on the swim team.

Now I have to make it up to my little one and spend some time with her. I feel so guilty I wish I could be in two places at once! This weekend? No better LOL!

Welcome and join in. Hopefully more and more will stop by but if not that is ok too it is a great place to get some advice when you need it!

Hugs,
Mare

Thanks!

No score for this post
March 21 2007, 6:18 AM 

Yes, I know what you mean . . . I'm trying to hire a new sitter and as I explain, sometimes we actually leave the house when the sitter comes -- and rarely we even get to see a movie, but it seems like most of the time we're buying birthday gifts!

Current Topic - Hi, girls! (new, intro, child death ment.)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement