Additional information can be found at http://www.HighFSH.org

Hi Diana (m/c mentioned)

by EG

Diana--

In past pregnancies, I was taking Lovenox, along with additional Folic acid and a B vitamin supplement (both for the MTHFR). I always (pg or not) take a baby aspirin daily (I was told by my hematologist to do that for the rest of my life). I've never had a clotting episode, I just pushed for the docs to do testing, and this is what they found. I don't even know if the clotting disorders had anything to do with the losses (at 8, 12 and 5 1/2 weeks).

I have an appt. with a perinatologist in 1 1/2 weeks (I hope that everything is okay until then). I heard that they use either Fragmin (similar to Lovenox) or Heparin, but I don't know what (if anything) they will recommend to me. I know that, if you have not had a clotting episode, they sometimes treat with baby aspirin only (which would make me nervous -- why take chances?).

If you'd like to e-mail me privately, feel free. Unfortunately, I'm not totally comfortable with my perinatologist practice, but they are the only one covered by my insurance. When I look at the FVL/pg boards (through Yahoo), the women seem to be much more carefully monitored.

Take care, and good luck,

Ellen

Posted on Mar 24, 2003, 10:07 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement