My Doctor said we could do the AFP if we wanted but warned there were a lot of false positives with twins.
The only tests we have done were cystic fibrosis and level II US. DH and I decided if they have seen any markers on either twin we would do the amnio. But everything appeared okay so we decided against it.
Good luck with your decision and welcome to the soon to be Mom of twins club!!!