Return to Index  

The Four Connies

December 9 2009 at 4:23 PM

Ted Preston  (Login TeddieP)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 24.79.236.173

Inspired and spurred on by William De Coster's "Little Wurgers" production line on the Airfix GB, I figured I'd tackle all four 1/144 scale Constellations I recently acquired at the same time:
[linked image]
The Revell kit is in white and is so well-moulded it could be built in a weekend. The others, Minicraft kits, need a lot more work. I'm taking my time with the Revell kit, using it as a reference on the Minicraft birds:
[linked image]
The Minicraft Connies are moulded as the long nose version, but provide alternate parts for the short-nose version. On two of the Minicraft kits I used the short snub-nose, with a piece of sheet styrene sandwiched in to replace the plastic lost to the saw:
[linked image]
The Revell kit comes with both nose versions as options. The short nose is conveniently offered in clear plastic, which makes painting around the nose lights a lot easier. I used the Revel long-nose piece on one of the Minicraft kits because it looked more accurate:
[linked image]
I picked up a photoetch sheet by Extra Tech for the Revell Connie. The parts are easy to fold and pop right into place:
[linked image]
[linked image]
The Minicraft fuselages have taken a heck of a lot of sanding to get the shape right and fill in the over-recessed door outlines, but are almost done. I'll drill some holes and add some clear stretched-sprue for the nose landing lights and move on to the wings.
Best...Ted...

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post an image of your models, you will first need to find somewhere to host your photos on the Internet. Your ISP will often give you a limited amount of free web storage, and other online photo storage is also available.

To post a link or an image, simply type in the URL (web address) of the destination page or image. The URL will appear as a link (for an HTML link) or an image (if you link direct to a .jpg file) when posted. You can use the Preview facility to see how your message looks before posting to Plastic Pix.

Please try to keep image sizes to 800 pixels wide or less, as larger sizes will be too big to fit on many computer screens. Also, file sizes should be kept to around 100kb or less, otherwise download may be very slow.

For Scale Aircraft Modelling questions or discussion, please visit the Plane Talking Discussion Group.

Please note a few points of etiquette. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server and repeat offenders will have their registration cancelled.

free counters