Return to Index  

The 4 Connies - Paint On!

May 14 2010 at 11:21 AM

Ted Preston  (Login TeddieP)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address

Hello once again fellow Hyperscalers - I humbly offer thee on this fine morn an update (at last) on the Four Connies project. Before proceeding to the painting stage, I added twin (VHF?) antennas to the undersides of the three Minicraft fuselages, parts which aren't included in the kit:
[linked image]
The painting and masking of all four birds took me more than a month, but the results look good. MM Flat White topside, Humbrol 11 for the natural metal. Here's one of the Minicraft kits:
[linked image]
And the Revell kit:
[linked image]
The group shot:
[linked image]
Test fitting engine nacelles on what will be the National Airlines version:
[linked image]
Uh oh - here's a problem, Houston. The plan was to do pencil panel lines on the Minicraft fuselages. I kept the pencil as sharp as I could, but the lines look way too heavy, and I ended up with lead smudging on the flat white finish. Blast und Dang! I guess pencil panel lines just aren't appropriate in 1/144 scale. I stopped here and I'll respray the white:
[linked image]
[linked image]
Next step will be my favourite part - decals! Oh - here's a bonus pic for you. I picked up an aviation poster for 50 cents at a garage sale and reframed it for the man-model cave. I like the way the little fella seems to be looking up at the balsa Hurricane hanging from the celing!
[linked image]
Best! Ted!

WIP Build:
Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5

Previous WIP Builds:
Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish

Tall Tales:
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Respond to this message   

To post an image of your models, you will first need to find somewhere to host your photos on the Internet. Your ISP will often give you a limited amount of free web storage, and other online photo storage is also available.

To post a link or an image, simply type in the URL (web address) of the destination page or image. The URL will appear as a link (for an HTML link) or an image (if you link direct to a .jpg file) when posted. You can use the Preview facility to see how your message looks before posting to Plastic Pix.

Please try to keep image sizes to 800 pixels wide or less, as larger sizes will be too big to fit on many computer screens. Also, file sizes should be kept to around 100kb or less, otherwise download may be very slow.

For Scale Aircraft Modelling questions or discussion, please visit the Plane Talking Discussion Group.

Please note a few points of etiquette. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server and repeat offenders will have their registration cancelled.

free counters