That's C for Sea Stuka!March 8 2011 at 5:00 AM
Jay Dee (Login Captoz)
from IP address 184.108.40.206
Junkers Ju87 Sea Stuka
That's C for Sea Stuka, Just finished this one after along time sitting in the box waiting for the final touches this is Hasegawa's Ju87 C 'Graf Zeppelin'
I was disappointed that the wing fold didn't come in the kit, just some resin bits for the catapult parts and arrester hook, so with the help of the few pics I could find I had a bash at folding one wing. Details were made up from Evergreen plastic and wire.
It's a close approximation of the real thing but I had to wing it on the finer details, still looks close enough to me. Also added a practice torpedo from the Dragon spares box. I deleted the dive brakes, spats and bomb swing as this would have been a dedicated torpedo attack plane.
The kit also has the Aires cockpit, very nice , Quickboost control surfaces, unspatted under carriage and the guns bays just to liven things up a bit.
The markings are from the box and fictitious, had the usual Hasegawa decal woes too. The paint job is my version of Atlantic RLM grey, O2 and 76 just didn't look right. Paints are Tamiya and Gunze.
Now all I need is a chuck of Graf Zeppelin deck and a figure and the project is done.
It was a nice change to take a punt on an aircraft that never existed and throw some artist licence at it. I will be interested in your comments on the colour scheme and wing fold. Enjoy.
I dedicate this model to my friend and author of all this Luftwaffe alternative, John Baxter, and my mates at the Axis Eagles model club here in Melbourne. John hope you like her!
- Very nice JD......... - Rene on Mar 8, 2011, 5:44 AM
- Way cool. - Jim Robbins on Mar 8, 2011, 5:46 AM
- Looks right to me... - Jeff Cadenhead on Mar 8, 2011, 6:33 AM
- Your right - Jay Dee on Mar 8, 2011, 6:37 AM
- Outstanding work and great finish!!! - Bob on Mar 8, 2011, 7:47 AM
- Very nice - Patrick Debaisieux on Mar 8, 2011, 8:36 AM
- Flat out nifty. Never seen anybody build one o' these before. - Ralph B. Thompson on Mar 8, 2011, 9:16 AM
- Looks very cool, as to pics - gary kent on Mar 8, 2011, 9:37 AM
- Way Cool!!! - Rod Bettencourt on Mar 8, 2011, 9:54 AM
- Grade A Modeling! - chukw on Mar 8, 2011, 10:40 AM
- Pretty darn COOL - with a tailhook too! I love it! - Dan C. on Mar 8, 2011, 10:44 AM
- Why is the theme from "Top Gun" singing in my head? Excellent!... - Tuck on Mar 8, 2011, 11:24 AM
- Stunning work Sir! - Dario Giuliano on Mar 8, 2011, 12:08 PM
- Now that is cool - Floyd S. Werner, Jr. on Mar 8, 2011, 12:45 PM
- I love it! Excellent paintwork. - Don Smith on Mar 8, 2011, 12:59 PM
- Paint - Jay Dee on Mar 8, 2011, 4:53 PM
- Let me add to the chorus of "Cool" - Wolf Buddee on Mar 8, 2011, 1:17 PM
- clever stuff ! - russ on Mar 8, 2011, 3:21 PM
- That's awsome... - Chas Bunch on Mar 8, 2011, 4:05 PM
- Excellent!!! - william di filippo on Mar 8, 2011, 5:42 PM
- Simply beautiful! - Paul Hayes on Mar 8, 2011, 8:32 PM
- Love the color ...and scheme! - Tom Knapp on Mar 8, 2011, 8:55 PM
- WOW ! Superb - Serge Dompierre on Mar 8, 2011, 10:02 PM
- That's really cool, Jamie! - Matt Collins on Mar 9, 2011, 12:24 AM
- I am thrilled - Wolfgang on Mar 9, 2011, 6:14 AM
- Great job with that Stuka. - Diego Quijano on Mar 9, 2011, 10:59 AM
- Jay that has to be... - Brandon on Mar 9, 2011, 12:29 PM
- Sea Stuka - Sinuhe on Mar 10, 2011, 9:47 AM