Return to Index  

That's C for Sea Stuka!

March 8 2011 at 5:00 AM

Jay Dee  (Login Captoz)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 114.75.143.217

Junkers Ju87 Sea Stuka

That's C for Sea Stuka, Just finished this one after along time sitting in the box waiting for the final touches this is Hasegawa's Ju87 C 'Graf Zeppelin'
I was disappointed that the wing fold didn't come in the kit, just some resin bits for the catapult parts and arrester hook, so with the help of the few pics I could find I had a bash at folding one wing. Details were made up from Evergreen plastic and wire.
It's a close approximation of the real thing but I had to wing it on the finer details, still looks close enough to me. Also added a practice torpedo from the Dragon spares box. I deleted the dive brakes, spats and bomb swing as this would have been a dedicated torpedo attack plane.
The kit also has the Aires cockpit, very nice , Quickboost control surfaces, unspatted under carriage and the guns bays just to liven things up a bit.
The markings are from the box and fictitious, had the usual Hasegawa decal woes too. The paint job is my version of Atlantic RLM grey, O2 and 76 just didn't look right. Paints are Tamiya and Gunze.
Now all I need is a chuck of Graf Zeppelin deck and a figure and the project is done.
It was a nice change to take a punt on an aircraft that never existed and throw some artist licence at it. I will be interested in your comments on the colour scheme and wing fold. Enjoy.
I dedicate this model to my friend and author of all this Luftwaffe alternative, John Baxter, and my mates at the Axis Eagles model club here in Melbourne. John hope you like her!

Cheers
Jamie
[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post an image of your models, you will first need to find somewhere to host your photos on the Internet. Your ISP will often give you a limited amount of free web storage, and other online photo storage is also available.

To post a link or an image, simply type in the URL (web address) of the destination page or image. The URL will appear as a link (for an HTML link) or an image (if you link direct to a .jpg file) when posted. You can use the Preview facility to see how your message looks before posting to Plastic Pix.

Please try to keep image sizes to 800 pixels wide or less, as larger sizes will be too big to fit on many computer screens. Also, file sizes should be kept to around 100kb or less, otherwise download may be very slow.

For Scale Aircraft Modelling questions or discussion, please visit the Plane Talking Discussion Group.

Please note a few points of etiquette. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server and repeat offenders will have their registration cancelled.

free counters