Return to Index  

Grass display base - First attempt

February 22 2012 at 10:59 PM
  (Login Jacob_P)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 108.27.254.93

About a week ago I asked for some pointers on how to make a grass display base in "Plane Talking". You HyperScalers came to my rescue once again and I got a lot of tips and helpful advice, thank you so much. It's worth gold to someone fairly new to the hobby like myself.

One tip that stuck with me was that of Walt Babst about how to make a cheap (mine came out to $15) DIY static grass applicatorhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAEmcqc-yIc). Below are the results of my first attempt and my home made applicator.
The base is a tile of dark cork. I used a mix of sand and my wife's cacti potting mix as a base layer for the grass.
The grass is mixed 2mm winter grass with 2mm & 6mm spring grass.

I'm ok with the result but suggestions on how to improve it is always appreciated.

Cheers,
Jacob

photo (10)

photo (11)

photo (13)

photo (12)

This message has been edited by Jacob_P from IP address 108.27.254.93 on Feb 22, 2012 11:40 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post an image of your models, you will first need to find somewhere to host your photos on the Internet. Your ISP will often give you a limited amount of free web storage, and other online photo storage is also available.

To post a link or an image, simply type in the URL (web address) of the destination page or image. The URL will appear as a link (for an HTML link) or an image (if you link direct to a .jpg file) when posted. You can use the Preview facility to see how your message looks before posting to Plastic Pix.

Please try to keep image sizes to 800 pixels wide or less, as larger sizes will be too big to fit on many computer screens. Also, file sizes should be kept to around 100kb or less, otherwise download may be very slow.

For Scale Aircraft Modelling questions or discussion, please visit the Plane Talking Discussion Group.

Please note a few points of etiquette. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server and repeat offenders will have their registration cancelled.

free counters